Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

HELP, HELP please. I am in Mexico weeks and I have

HELP, HELP please. I am in Mexico for 12 weeks and I have really messed up my kindle, disaster!!
I originally tried to transfer my husbands name to MY kindle as I was getting our daily newspaper and he couldn't, download it. I think both are now in his name A Webb and I can,t get anything to download, it says queued for books I know I have and also I think I .got a message from Amazon before I came away but it looked like a scam so I deleted it!!!
I can send on this iPad but can,t receive so please reply to***@******.***
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Exactly the same happened as previously. The item is queued and not moving
Are you able to access the kindle store to check you have internet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am connected to Vidanta Cabos wifi
ok, but I want you please to access the Kindle store and tell me if it works.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kindle store page not available, could not display page and said if problem persists contact
ok, this is why its not working as your wifi is not working.
Can you disconnect from the wifi network on the Kindle, then restart the Kindle as we initially did, then reconnect to it and tell me if the store now works please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have got on to kindle store
ok, now see if the books come, now that you have internet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry still queued!
But you can view the Kindle store correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, now we have internet, do the initial instructions we did and tell me if it now downloads please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean hold off button then restart
yes, the off button for 60 seconds please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are brilliant! Thank you
your welcome!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you