Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I can't see most of my junk emails on my iPhone but i can on

i can't see most of my junk emails on my iPhone but i can on my desk top ?
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. What is your computer operating system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mac desk top .. i can see junk email on there but not on my iPhone ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi anyone there ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
id rather chat but no-one is answering me ??
I am here. If your junk mail is going into a Junk folder, it will not be available to your iPhone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
some does and some doesn't .. how can i see all my desk top junk email
sometimes they appear for a few seconds in my 'inbox' on my phone then vanish
Your mac desktop computer is filtering your junk mail for you. I do not have an iPhone. Have you looked at the email settings to see if there is a setting for downloading all your mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have
If there are particular senders that you want to see, you can add them to your contacts, so that they do not end up in the Junk mail folder.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not really what I'm looking for
there just be a way i can see all my emails on my phone that i can see when using the same acct on my desk top
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i guess i'll ask someone else… not to worry
I was just about to opt out and suggest that someone else could help you who had more knowledge of iphones. I don't think that I should be left with a negative rating. I have given you my best effort, and I was going to refer you to someone else.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please open up the Mail app on your iPhone, and then scroll down to the "Accounts" section, and select your email account from there. Next, tap on the "Junk" folder listed - do you see the missing junk emails there? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Also, kindly do not leave a rating until we are done troubleshooting the issue for good, and instead reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not see all the junk items that I can see on my desk top. Same email address obviously.
Okay, who's your email provider, e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Aol
Okay, just a moment - be right back with further steps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks. I might not be on line immediately. Just off to a meeting. I'm not I front of my desk top now. So if u can tell me the steps I need to take, then I can carry them out later. Thanks
Okay; please carry out the following steps when you are back online: First, open up the Mail app on your Mac, and then click on the "Mail" tab at the very top-left, and click "Preferences." Next, click on the "Accounts" tab at the top. Next, under Accounts", click on the "Mailbox Behaviours" tab at the top, and then in the "Junk" section, make sure that "Delete junk messages when:" is set to Never. Next, click on the "Advanced" tab at the top, and then make sure that "Remove copy from server after retrieving message" is UNCHECKED. Done that, close out the Preferences window (save changes when prompted), and then check if this makes any difference to your issue for NEW junk emails on your iPhone. Do keep me posted. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will certainly give it a try and let you know
Many thanks.
No problem; if this does not work, just let me know and we will move on to further steps accordingly. Thanks!
Could you kindly update me on this issue when you can? Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All going well but there was no option to " remove copy from server".
I see, that's all right - looks like you are using a new MAC OS version. Are the Junk emails coming in all right now?
If your issue is resolved now, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No still can't see all the junk files on my iPhone/iPad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should the "store junk messages on the server" be ticked in the "mailbox behaviours" ??
Oh yes, that option should be TICKED - is it unchecked now?
If so, please tick that option, and then continue to monitor the results for new junk emails, on the iPhone/iPad. Do keep me posted; thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's checked now. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if it matches the desk top files.
Okay, no issues - do keep me posted. Thank you.
Hi again, I have not had a response from you yet; if your issue with the junk emails is resolved now, kindly do not forget to re-rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces just below this answer - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you with the issue :) Thanks again!
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it may have worked. I'll keep checking desk top junk versus iPhone junk. But so far so good
Okay, that's good - if you do run into any other issues later on, please let me know on this page itself. Thanks again!