Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I recently upgraded my i mac Yosemite O S software to the latest

I recently upgraded my i mac Yosemite O S software to the latest El Capitan release and in the course of doing so seem to be having a problem accessing my g mail account. Since I cannot remember my existing password ***** you let me know how I can rest my password?
TK English
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you trying to access the account directly in your web browser? Or via an email program such as Apple Mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am trying to access by clicking on the e mail symbol at the bottom of the page in the normal manner
ok, but that could mean a few things sorry.
Are you accessing it via an Email program like Apple Mail? Or via your web browser such as Safari?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I am accessing it through my safari browser
ok, so you go to ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I switched to el capitan i opted for access by safari and thats when the problem began. Previously I clicked on the postage stamp symbol and just got on to my e mialaccount without any problem.
ok... your referring to Apple Mail, and you still have that there.
What happens when you click on it now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the last time I tried my incoming mail seems to have stalled since last saturday/sunday with no new mail received since although it is coming through on my i pad
ok, can you remove the account in Mail by going to Mail, Preference, click on the email account and click the - to remove it
Then click on the + and add the account again, entering your details.
If you can add it, it should then start receiving emails again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have clicked on mail, preferences and the -in the e mail account and deleted my g mail a/c as instructed. But when I click on the + it asks for the password ***** What do I do now?
Enter your password ***** tell me what then happens please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will come back to you and let you know how I go on. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the problem is i cannot remember my password ***** is what is causing the problem. I have pressed the minus button as you instructed and am noe left with only i cloud showing in my account
ok, you can then reset the password ***** my link below
Once reset, then use this new password ***** adding the account again on the Mac
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just received your text message and reset my password. But my mailbox is now empty and my internet account is just showing I cloud. Can you tell me how to reinstate my account?
ok, now click on the + and add the account as you can now enter in the password.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Success at last. Thank you for your help. I got there in the end! My e mail seems to be back and up and running again.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.