Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

When trying to access 'Hotmail' from my PC I frequently get

When trying to access 'Hotmail' from my PC I frequently get the message "Secure access failed". This seems a recent problem.....perhaps associated with upgrade to Windows 10...? My browser is Firefox. I have no problem with access to Hotmail from my iphone.
I have used Hotmail for many years and this is a recent and frustrating issue.
Hi there and welcomeIn firefox, Click the menu button (the three bars top right) and then click help (?).From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ...Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.Once done, access hotmail and tell me if you still get the message please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Having trouble finding Help menu etc....have clicked top right three lines but can't see help menu or troubleshooter...
Help is the ? symbol I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID 432 175 293 password *****
thanks
it does not seem to auto connect me, can you give me the new password ***** connect please once the restart is complete
we connected again, its ok now.if the problem returns let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At first the problem seemed resolved but after about 24 hours or so it has come back again. No matter how I try to get Hotmail, I get the message 'secure connection failed'. This comes from Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet explorer etc.
The exception to this is via the Windows 10 menu which comes up above "seach the web and windows".
However, I prefer to get Hotmail via Firefox and this recent problem is frustrating......
Can you tell me when your online please so I can check the issue again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard, I am online. So far all seems to be OK and I am getting into Hotmail. Mike did several things including removing Sophos software. I am unclear about the implications of this; Sophos was put there when I bought things from my former employer (university), but I am retired now. How am I fixed for anti-virus etc?
ok, let me know if it comes up again please. Being on a Mac your very safe, and Sophos can cause this.Lets give it a day and see if it returns
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh, but I am not on a Mac
oh, then you do need some antivirus software installed.... You have none at the moment? Nothing other then Sophos?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike ran a malware programme which took about an hour.....it is now on my desktop.
whats it called?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Malwarebytes by Anti malware
llk, thats just for malware, not viruses.Download and install Avira please from my link belowhttp://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirusIts free and good and will ensure your protected.Let me know when you have please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Avira now installed
ok, your now protected.Let me know if you have any issues please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Richard for all your help......
your welcome