Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I recently set up a business gmail account as an IMAP accounts

I recently set up a business gmail account as an IMAP accounts on my desktop pc using Thunderbird. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now all of a sudden whenever I try to use it or view folders I get a "Login to server failed". I don't have any problems using this e-mail account on my mobile phone (android os) but need to be able to use it on my desktop pc. Any ideas why I can't now login to the server when I could before?
Hi there and welcome GeorgeIf you go to you able to sign into your account there? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Thank you Can you go to Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ID is 716 129 908 The password ***** ***** (Richard I had two messages to say I've been charged £33 and another accepting remote contact at £28, I am having to pay both charges? George
yes, correct George as you accepted the additional service which has an additional charge. This I explained when offering the service