Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I've sent an email from my btinternet address to a yahoo and

Customer Question

I've sent an email from my btinternet address to a yahoo and it's been bounced back as a 543 Is there a way of getting the message through ?
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your email question.

If it is 543, that means an intermediate server failure... try again in about 4 to 12 or 24 hours, I advise.

If it is a 453, that means there is no such email address. There is no remedy for that except to either contact the person or organization and get their new email address, or else to check the spelling and if it was spelled incorrectly, send it again to the correctly spelled email address.

If it is a 534, that means either you need to send a smaller attachment, or that the authentication level (e.g. if emailing from an old email program or older version of a web browser using webmail) is insufficient.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried to send this message again as you suggested and it's still bouncing back . Any further advice please ? My time is running out for the message to have any value .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a 543 intermediate server failure

I don't know what to recommend... the intermediate server that the email is routed through is down, apparently... and if so (for it might be, for instance, that the server where the message bounced back, simply rejected the email for whatever reason) then it may be the only server through which this destination is served from your location.

Re-trying, or re-sending from another email address-of-origin, is probably the only thing to be done. (The server might reject relaying the message to its destination owing to e.g. it's being from a BTInternet address or owing to its being too large, having content of the wrong sort (in that server's view and according to its rules)... I really cannot tell, but those are some guesses as to how to vary the message to get it through.