IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am having problem, i am still getting emails from ebay

I am having problem, i am still getting emails from ebay sent to a load of letters and numbers, please how do i stop this? I also are unable to make new labels, so i can put emails esp from Just Answer into it

Hello again!

I am sorry for the issues. Please check if there is the "unsubscribe" link available at the bottom of the eBay e-mails. Regarding the GMail labels, let me know if you see the "Create new label" button available on the "Labels" tab.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i have unsubscribed from Ebay, however i have no success with labels problem
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The unsubscribe button takes me to an email,however email has come back undeliverabe!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Re labels all i get is “change labels”
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also have one email, the content keeps changing

OK. Please delete all unwanted e-mails from Inbox, and then delete them from Trash as well. After that, check if new unwanted e-mails will still come.

As far as creating the labels go, please click on the link below and then look for the "Create new label button"

Link:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#settings/labels

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Used the link however couldn’t find the create new label, please avise
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have deleted the ebay emails will wait (i dont want it) it is now for a Aldi gift card, also something i don’t want!

It is possible that eBay sellers are sending you e-mails for their products, so you may need to unsubscribe to all e-mails that you received from them, and then you can delete them. That should stop future e-mails from being sent to you.

To see how to create new labels in GMail and manage them, I suggest watching a short video.

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJXLjv02wOg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That was interesting, however i don’t have setting in that menu
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As you can see from photo

Thanks for the photo!

It looks like you are using the GMail app for iPad that doesn't have all the options that GMail offers. To be able to access all the options, including the labels and filters, you will need to access your GMail account using a web browser. The easiest way is to use a computer and go to www.gmail.com

If you don't have a computer, you should be able to use iPad as well. Just start Safari and go to www.gmail.com

Sign in to your GMail account and then follow the instructions shown on the video I sent you to create and manage labels. Once you have created new labels or filters using the GMail web interface, the same changes will apply for the GMail iPad version as well, meaning you will see newly created labels there, so you don't need to access your GMail account using a web browser any more. It is only needed when you need to create new labels or filters.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok stupid here! I don’t know what you mean, if i click on link you tell me to us, i get the same email as the one i have already been on! Please help,

The GMail interface may look differently on iPad, so I suggest using a computer and accessing your GMail account by opening a web browser and going to www.gmail.com

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Idont have a computer, i have no idea what i am going to do now
OK, no problem. Please open web browser (Safari) on your iPad and type www.gmail.com or just the word GMail and visit the first page. Sign in to your GMail account if asked. Let me know how the web page looks like.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I seem to have safari on my computer as per picture attached i normally access my email through the the icon next to it (safari)
The e-mail icon allows you to access your e-mails, but it cannot be used to administer your GMail account (managing the labels, filters and other settings).
That is why you need to use a web browser and access your GMail account as a web page (www.gmail.com)
So, please use Safari to do it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maybe it would be best if you take over my computer as i don’t understand what you are talking about?
You previously stated that you didn't have a computer. To confirm, do you only have iPad or you also have a desktop or laptop computer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I only have an iPad

Hello again!

Sorry for the late response.

Since you only have an iPad, I won't be able to remotely connect to it because remote assistance works only with laptops and desktop computers.

However, I believe I found the instructions on how to create new labels for GMail when using iPad. Please watch this video and let me know if you were able to successfully create new labels.

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pJvQtOXy08

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That looks really simple, however i don’t seem to have the “account” mailbox
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Herewith screenshot

It looks like your iPad uses a newer Mail app interface than the one shown on the video; however, you should still be able to create new labels. First, tap on "Gmail" shown in the upper left corner and then tap on "Edit" located at the top. You should then see an option to create a new mailbox at the bottom.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok got the create new mailbox,however it does not go to save. The return key get blue and says done! Press that and you get “unable to create mailbox”
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Looks like i will either have ti get Apple support, or visit Apple store

That's unusual. Please try a few more times with different label names.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The “unable” drop down window happens when ever i create new mailbox, hence i asked if there was a limit to mailboxees

No, there is no limit. Please send me a new screenshot showing the error.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Herewith the screenshot
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the BLUE RETURN KEY NO SAVE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks! From what I can see, the "MAILBOX LOCATION" area is empty, so that's you get an error message since iPad doesn't know where to create a new mailbox. It has to say "Gmail" there or something similar. So, please tap on the mailbox name area located below "MAILBOX LOCATION" that currently shows only an arrow facing right and see if you can select "Gmail".

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok seem to have sorted this out finally!

Great! You can now move the e-mails into different mailboxes (labels).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
however a lot of emails have “gone” into gmail mailbox, so i will spend some time to sort it out. Thanks for your help

You're welcome!
If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,
IT Miro