Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cannot receive or send my line.one.net emails since

I cannot receive or send my line.one.net emails since 180218. I haven’t changed any settings or passwords, it keeps telling me that I have the wrong password ***** to check my settings. I have a
imap.tiscali.co.uk server.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program you are using?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The only info I can give you is that the mail server is imap.tiscali.co.uk and USE SSL server port 143 and outgoing server
SMTP smtp.tiscali.co.uk server port 587.
I do not know much about computers, my husband used to set them up and I’m afraid he passed away, that is why I know I have not reset or changed any thing. Vodaphone is the company I use for my I pad and I phone and I use safari. I would prefer you not to connect to my device thank you. The last software update was I OS 11.2.6

I understand I am sorry but I need to know which program though you use, the name if the program you select when you try to access your emails.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im sorry Richard I haven’t got enough confidence to hand over my iPad as you hear such stories, it’s nothing personal, I hope you understand, I will have to leave it.

You actually now told me by telling me it is an ipad

If you click on my link below

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/

Can you sign into your account there?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It’s the same as before it’s telling me that the password/user name is ***** ***** as before but it is not incorrect. A lot of people seemed to report the same problem recently, the last lineone e mails I received was 170218 on my iPad and 210218 on my iPhone. The engineer that I contacted could not fined the email address on his register

If it is incorrect it means your password ***** ***** please use the link there to reset your password.

Tell me please when you have

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I noticed on line a lot of people were getting the same message about the password, they were not incorrect, if the technician cannot find the name that is registered and the email address that’s been there for years I cannot see the use of trying to change a password ***** seems as if their servers gone down according to reports

The people who get this message are the people who have an incorrect password.

Click this link

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/resetpassword/identify

And follow the steps to reset your password.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Richard I’m going to have to leave this and find another way to resolve this. Thank you for your patience

Ok, I will mark this to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit