Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am an elderly - frantic - lady of 73 earning a living from

I am an elderly - frantic - lady of 73 earning a living from home via my computer. I can receive emails in Outlook but can no longer send: there they all sit in Outbox and have done so for two days or more. HELP before I throw myself out of my apartment block window.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the error Outlook gives when it fails to send?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesnt give an answer - the emails just dont send.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant afford all tghis. I am about to thriow myself out of my window. PLEASE SORT THIS OUT

Can you tell me which version of outlook you are using and to which email service it is connecting to please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i cant afford more......

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
reply here and NOT on my mobile please. Where do I see which version? And it's BT
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you still there????
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am getting utterly desperate
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this service is what i paid £39 for?

I can only reply via the website.

I am waiting please for the answers to the questions I asked you....

Can you tell me which version of outlook you are using

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my reply was I dont know and where do I find out?

If you click on my link below

https://www.bt.com/email

Can you sign into your email account there?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done

Now try to send an email there please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sent an email to myself and it came through to Outlook, It seems only the outgoing mail is affected

Go to File, Account Settings, More Settings then advance

Tell me the settings you have listed there for outgoing server, port and security please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where? In BT?

in outlook

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
under file there is no option of a/c settings

ok, it is hard as I do not know the version you have....

Tell me everything you see under file please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
new, open, close all items, save as, folder, data file manage., import and exp., archives, page setup, print preview, work offline

Ok, then go to Tools, Accounts, then click the account then change, more settings, then advance and you see it there

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Under tools no accounts but account settings which offers email/Date files/RSS feeds/ Share point lists/
Internet calendar/Pub calendar/address books

Click Email, then click the account then change, more settings, then advance and you see it there

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
click email where? Not under tools?

There

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Incoming server (Pop 3) 110
Outgoing " (SMTP) 25
Time short

I also need to know outgoing server, port and security please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Outgoing as above, use same settings as my incoming mail server, (SMTP) 25, port = as above server port numbers - there's no other mention and none of security at all . Connection using my local arae network, - any help?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard thanks for your help; I really appreciate it. I am feeling kinda desperate...!

Go back to the main page and locate the outgoing server, tell me what it is please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Outgoing server (SMTP) 25

I need to know the Server name not the port

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all it says is outgoing server SMTP etc and that's all...anywhere else I could look?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it does say somewhere else use to same setting as incoming mail...?

Ill connect at no extra cost

Click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c7710c1b-35d5-4b62-b495-234fdbe884e5

Click I agree and run the file please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard cut off without telling me he was going to do so and with my problem unresolved. I am an elderly, desperate lady who needs her computer to earn a living and I am very unhappy with this service, a point I will be making online.

Hi there, I explained everything to you.... in front of you on your screen... you had left the computer or you never responded as I kept asking you to for 15 minutes and waiting. As I explained, they have blocked you for sending too many emails, this is the cause of the issue, you need to wait 48 hours for the block to be removed. Once it is you can email in outlook. For now you need to use the web interface to email.