Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My Canon Pixma MX535 will not print. The light is on paper

My Canon Pixma MX535 will not print. The light is on paper and ink in place. A message on my computer says the printer is being used by another computer which is odd because its only ever been linked to my laptop.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass? (not printing from the computer.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have A Samsung laptop on Windows 7. Printer is linked to the computer with an USB cable but everthing is on a wireless connection for the internet. Thats all working as fine as far as the internet is concerned. I have to pop
out shortly so will view your reply later on if I may. No I cannot print from the printers glass which is very unusual.
  1. Turn off your Canon printer.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the printer for about three minutes.
  3. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
  4. Turn on the printer.
  5. Wait a few minutes.
  6. Put a document in the printer's glass.
  7. Press the Copy option / icon on the printer.
    - Does it copy now? Is there any error or message.
  8. See if you can print from the computer now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Somehow or other it has rectified itself. Possibly because of your input. Many Thanks for your help. Mike

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,