Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have lost my email and do not seem to recover it.

Customer Question

Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?
Customer: no it not emails I have lost. I cannot get onto my outlook/hotmail account
Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?
Customer: I use outlook
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It all began when I received an email which had changed my name. I had a warning from Microsoft and amongst the actions I had to take involved using another email account. I do not have another account so I 'CREATED'***@******.***. THAT IS WHEN I LOST '*****@******.***'.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot respond by email as that is what is missing.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My problem is that I'm without email. When I try to repair it, it asks for a picture of letters to be printed. Yesterday I must have gone through 20 different letter pictures and the computer rejected them all. I got through once and it asked for the email addresses of people I had recently contacted AND what was the title of the email.
Andrew
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Sorry for the delay in reply. You mentioned you received an email, did you ever reply to an email or click a link from the email and give your password?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry I did not get back to you. We seem to have lost connection.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am standing by.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 months ago.

You mentioned you received an email, did you ever reply to an email or click a link from the email and give your password?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 months ago.

Did you see my question I asked you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had an email from a friend who I have spoken to many times before. Suddenly her message turned from "***** *****" to "Samantha Lopez".
When I tried to write an email to anyone else they each appeared to be coming from this Samantha Lopez.
Then I had a message from Microsoft informing me that someone was using my named account. Microsoft have informed me in a no-reply email that this will not be fixed until 31 August.
That is too long. Can you help please?
Andrew
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 months ago.

So are you saying that your display name when you send an email is wrong?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 months ago.

When you send email are you doing so online, logging in at outlook.com for example or are you using a mail program like the desktop version of outlook or something else?