hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer email problems
40928634

I sent an email via Outlook recently to a closed group of

Customer Question

I sent an email via Outlook recently to a closed group of recipients (about 8 people) and it keeps resending the same email over and over again several times a day to all the recipients which is driving them and me nuts. Do you have a solution?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use Outlook to manage my emails, I have a PC running Windows 10 and this email account was set up recently, it used to be hosted by 1and1 but I have moved my website and hosting to namecheap
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 months ago.

Hello when you send to multiple people then the sending session to the server is 8 times longer as in your case.

I would firstly try to make sure your anti-virus isn't causing this. For instance Nortons checks all outgoing emails via a third party server which delays the mail being sent to your email server.

Secondly if the server time-out in your Outlook mail set up is too short a time this can cause problems. In this case try changing the time-out to say 2 minutes.

If you are using IMAP click me