Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Following a reset of my btinternet.com service I can't send

Following a reset of my btinternet.com service I can't send e-mails via Thunderbird - message says that the mail server btinternet.com has disconnected and the server may have gone or there may be a network problem. How do I restore my Thunderbird Service? My phone is 01946 862237.
Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: Just receiving Message
Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: Not that I know of
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I first noticed yesterday. No emails received but when I logged in this morning I got 16 but could not reply to any.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me when this problem started please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1st notice yesterday afternoon

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I please speak with thee assistant - mobile reception poor here - please use land line***********

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my.justanswer.co.uk/s/idlmM
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Having received your emails in my Thunderbird I have clicked on the windows download link but I still cannot send any emails. Please can you speak to me on 01946 862237 and help me through what is needed, please??

When you click this link

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the link that you wish me to click on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I enter my.justanswer.co.uk/s/12Hrb into Google to view I get not recognised

Can you please instead of doing that

Do the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The programme gives My ID as(###) ###-####The password ***** *****

It disconnected me when you reset the router

See if you can now send please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As at 14.24 hrs my test send e-mail failed again - why can't I send

Because you are marked as a spammer as I showed you on the black list

You will need to contact BT and have them change your public IP

To remove you from the list

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Having spoken with BT without success they are to call me back between 16.00 and 18.00 today. Can you provide me with anything that might assist me getting me off their spammers list and being able to send emails again?

No, only that the Public IP has to be changed

Check what you have here

www.whatismyip.com

And make sure when they say they have changed it, it is different then that number else it will not work

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
BT have fixed it and I can send emails via my bt mail account. BT says I'm not marked as a spammer on their black list. They say that it's Mozilla Thunderbird's IP black list that I'm on and they say it's down to Thunderbird to take my IP off their spammer black list. Please will you do now.

There is no such thing, you cannot send via Thunderbird or any other email program, until they change your IP

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have spoken to BT . They say that as I can receive and send emails OK via BT Yahoo, my settings are good and I am not marked as a spammer nor on a public IP black list. They say that sending of my emails on Mozilla Thunderbird is being blocked by Mozilla Thunderbird's servers. Please will you get Mozilla to unblock?

There is no such thing, what I am telling you is correct

The only way is to change the public IP

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I do this

the way I told you, contact BT and have them change it, is the ONLY way

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just spoken to BT on(###) ###-####(Callum) who repeats what BT said earlier - that the problem lies with Mozilla Thunderbird to change the IP number they currently have for me to match the one that works for BT Yahoo. Bt say they can't change Mozilla's IP settings. They can only do that. Can you get someone in Mozilla to speak to BT Yahoo and get it sorted because I'm getting no-where!!. Please, please help me???
There is no such thing, what I am telling you is correctThe only way is to change the public IP
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any update on solving my problem - your last note says that I have requested Secure Remote Assistance and that you will be connecting to my device shortly - when do you propose to do this?

I have told you how to solve it, "the problem lies with Mozilla Thunderbird to change the IP number " makes no sense, is not correct and is not even an thing.

Your free to reply to me as much as you like but I am only going to reply with what you really have to actually do to fix it

Proof is here

go to

www.whatsmyip.com

note your IP address

go to

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Put it in and you see your are blocked and the ONLY WAY to resolve is to have BT change your Public IP address

We have gone through this many times, nothing is going to change

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear *****, Thanks for all your help and patience. Yesterday morning, after a 45 min session with a BT Email technician, they managed to unblock my IP number and I can now send and receive emails OK via Thunderbird. Thanks again. Muir.