How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wes Your Own Question
Wes, Consultant
Category: Email
Satisfied Customers: 7691
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
Type Your Email Question Here...
Wes is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I was wondering if you could

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I was wondering if you could advise me on how to change info on google search results?
Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I use yahoo and outlook
Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: This has nothing to do with emails though but google search results
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to contact Google tech team but with little help
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this service free or payable

Hi, welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. You may receive a request or offer for additional services or for secure remote assistance. These are issued by the Just Answer website, I have no control over them. The secure remote also doesn't work with mobile devices. For now, please ignore or decline these offers as they are not necessary at this time. If it becomes necessary, I will let you know and resubmit the offers manually. My name is ***** ***** may I assist you today?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Wes, I would need to change google search results on my late dad. How can I do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would rather not do the secure connect. Please can you answer on this chat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, anybody there?

Can you explain what you mean by changing search results? Because the way google shows results is based on their own internal mechanisms... so you aren't going to be able to change those. The content that they show in those searches is from other websites.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically when searching my late dad and e.g. his children, only two children show up but not the other two (me included). So I would need to add myself and my sister in the search results.

This is in google?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you give me your dad's name so I can try to replicate what you're doing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i google Lasse Martenson & children, two children show up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay let me see if I can figure out where google gets that info from.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay at the bottom of the knowledge panel, do you see "Feedback"? If you click on that, it will let you suggest edits. You may need to have your other family members do the same because a single edit request may not be reviewed as quickly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already done that, about three times with no results

All I can say is to keep trying, or start a campaign to get others to make the requested edits as well. There's probably a minimum number of requests they have to receive before they'll make the change. As far as I know, there's no way to force the change unless you can "claim" the knowledge panel. If you can do that, your edit requests may be given greater weight. Unfortunately no one outside of google knows for sure what their procedure is because they don't say. If there is publicly available info that supports the review, that often helps.

I think that's probably what you'll have to do is set up a knowledge panel, go through the verification process, then submit evidence that Lasse Martenson is your father.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do i set up a knowledge panel?

Well, that's the thing... google doesn't let you "apply" for one. One has to already exist or google has to "notice" you. Basically what you'll have to do is set up facebook, linked-in, wikipedia, etc... pages about yourself. I would also submit edits to Wikipedia so there are references to his family and children, etc.

Is your mother listed as one of his spouses and is she still alive?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She should be able to claim her knowledge panel, and can probably add you and your sister as children.

Doing that, will probably generate a knowledge panel for you and your sister at some point.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. But how do you claim a knowledge panel, what does that mean?

You click on the "Claim this knowledge panel", then follow the on-screen instructions.

So for example, go to your search, on the right side you'll see your father's knowledge panel. Click on the blue text for his spouses, or click on "MORE" to show all of them. Then click the spouse at the top for your mother. On the right you should see a knowledge panel with their name, etc... and at the bottom you'll see "Claim this knowledge panel". Then follow the instructions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks.

You're welcome.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Scroll back to the top/beginning of our conversation and selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. If you are not sure how to rate my answer, please see the help information here: Also make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than tech support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

Wes and other Email Specialists are ready to help you