Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When logging on, my e-mails in my inbox do not appear and a

When logging on, my e-mails in my inbox do not appear and a message appears saying " an unexpected error has occurred. " I have had this now for almost a week.
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: I have the same e-mail address for my iPhone which continues to receive and show them.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I have had no security issues, nor with my login address or password ***** operated fine last wednesday but not on thursday, and which allows me into My BT account
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can still send on line messages - I've ordered medication this morning - and the problem seems to be confined to my BT e-mails.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dell Latitude computer with Windows XP

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y5l2w6vg
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I clicked on the website, prompted Elsinore, hit the run button, and have received the same message from you. Am I doing something wrong ?

Sorry, does it give any error or message?

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y4eqlbv6
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)

- What's your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Are you able to go to the website BT.com on your computer, then click on the Email option at the top right corner there, then sign in your @btinternet.com email address there and see if it works? Or is there any error or message?

http://www.bt.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done this frequently over recent days, re-entered username and password, and the same error message appears and won't go away

What's your internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
google chrome

If you open the Internet Explorer program, then go to the bt.com website in the Internet Explorer program, and sign in your btinternet email address in the Internet Explorer program, then does it work in the Internet Explorer program? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had to leave my just answer page, did what you asked, and was told I could not open that webpage

Please try:

1. In your Google Chrome program, click on the 3-dot icon at the upper right corner, then select option History, then click on option History on the left.
    - (Or while in the Google Chrome program, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and H on the computer's keyboard.)
  2. Click on the option Clear browsing data on the left.
    - (If that option is not showing, then click on the 3-bar icon at top left, then click on option "Clear browsing data".)
  3. Click on the option Advanced near the top.
  4. On the right of the item Time range, click on the drop-down list (or the small down arrow icon), then click on option All time.
  5. Uncheck all boxes.
  6. Check only the box at the option Cached images and files.
  7. Click on option Clear data at bottom, and if needed, wait for it to finish.
  8. Scroll down to the bottom.
  9. Click on option Restore settings to their original defaults.
  10. Click on option Reset settings, and if needed, wait for it to finish.
  11. Close Google Chrome.
  12. Re-open Google Chrome and go to the BT.com website in your Google Chrome program and see if it works fine now.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot see a 3-dot icon

How about the 3-bar icon? Or what is the icon showing right under the X icon located at the upper right corner in your Google Chrome program? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve got to settings, hit clear browsing data,do not have an option advanced but have a choice of items in the clear browsing data page and a further option to clear browsing data again -do I hit that ?

Yes, hit that, and continue the steps. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That just takes me back to previous page with choice of “ content settings “ or clear browsing data again - no sign anywhere of Advanced
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I search for advanced as a setting

Sorry, please do the next steps below:

1. In your Google Chrome program, click on the 3-dot icon (or 3-bar icon) at the upper right corner, then click on option Settings.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom.
  3. Click on option Reset / Restore.
    ; (If you do not see this option, scroll down to bottom first, then click on option Advanced, then scroll down to bottom again, then click on option Reset / Restore.
  4. Click on option Reset to confirm.
  5. Wait for it to finish.
  6. Close Google Chrome.
  7. Re-open Google Chrome and go to the BT.com website in your Google Chrome program and see if it works fine now.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The last item at the bottom of the page is default browser not reset or restore and no sign of advanced
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Or there is a sign “ show advanced settings “ - hit that ?

Yes, it's called Show advanced settings. Click on it, then then scroll down to bottom again, then click on option Reset / Restore, then click on Reset to confirm. Wait for it to finish, then close Google Chrome program

- Then re-open Google Chrome and go to the BT.com website in your Google Chrome program and see if it works fine now. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a choice of e-mail login page, welcome to google, or chrome web store. Which do I choose ?

Ignore / skip that. Or don't choose anything. Just go to the BT.com website now and check. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gone to BT website, been asked to sign in, inserted e-mail address, and told they couldn’t find my google account !

No, it looks like you are still at the google website. You would need to go to the www.BT.com website, then click on the option Email at the top right corner, then you can sign in. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did that and the same message is still there
An unexpected error has occurred.
Nothing has changed. The summary shows I have 16 e-mails unread but nothing gets displayed.

I'm sorry. Please download / install the Firefox program at the Firefox.com website.

https://www.firefox.com

- Then open the Firefox program, then go to the BT.com website in the Firefox program and see if your email works in the Firefox program. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says that before I instal this as my default browser an update is needed to stay secure as it is so out of date.
I assume I have to go through all that first ? I have no idea how long that will take.

OK. Just install Firefox / set Firefox as default when prompted, and see if the BT.com website / email works fine in the Firefox program. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot go on much longer and I doubt that you can !
Do you have any idea what may be the cause before I launch into Firefox ?

It could be that your computer is too old, so Google Chrome is not working anymore. So we are trying Firefox. We can continue another time as you need. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It probably is, but I’m out of time now. How do I get back to you if needed ? How much am I out of pocket ?
It’s you who’ve been patient !

We've emailed you. Thank you.