Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have just bought a new phone but when I try to set up it's

Hi I have just bought a new phone but when I try to set up it's asking for previous owners account details
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Samsungj3
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had 2 days trying
Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It says it's been reset

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me where you purchase the phone from?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
From a seller on facebook

Ok, the phone is locked to them, the only way to remove it is to either have them provide the information or take it into a store to be removed.

I will tell you though, if they do not give you the information it normally means it is a stolen phone.

But you need to use one of these two methods

If you need anything else, please let me know and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs