JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience in a wide range of e-mails clients from Outlook to Lotus Notes and Webmail.
75967336

How to change pal settings on a digihome ptdr32hddvd32

Customer Question

How to change pal settings on a digihome ptdr32hddvd32 smart
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Aol
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Tablet
JA: What's the model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Ptdr32hd digihome
JA: What have you tried so far with your Android device?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you clarify what you mean by change PAL settings?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
PAL SETTINGS ON A DIGIHOME TV
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

But what PAL settings are you referring to specifically what are you looking to change, do you mean you want to set it to NTSC?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pal can be set at think BG,I INEED I ITS REGANOL
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Set at big or i
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Set at BG OR I
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

On these cheaper TV's its not normally possible as this is limited by the DVB tuner, the model number provided is showing invalid please recheck the model number,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
PTDR32hd is what’s on the sticker on back
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying to set up sky io works fine with old tv pic and sound with this new tv picture no sound looked up on the internet says pal setting needs to be on I .
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I take it your connecting it over an analogue connection?

These budget TV's are problematic at the best of times, as service manuals are not available for them due to being off brand.

The firmware spec shows the TV supports PAL/SECAM B/G D/K K’ I/I’ L/L however from what I can see this is who detected based on the input provided.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Been trying all weekend so put my evotel tv ,budget tv , that works fine put back to new tv no sound
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

The PAL settings would effect audio its for visual encoding.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if not pal settings what could it be
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

How is the Sky receiver connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To main tv hdmi to slave tv via coax
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Right and what is providing the coax output, and to confirm your trying to use analogue RF signal via coax to the digihome?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
From sky rf to slave and choose analogue in settings on digihome
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you say pal is picture only or sound
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you think it’s pal that’s stoping sound ,I have sound on Netflix, YouTube and internet just not on the rf out but do when I swap to old evotel tv
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Just spoke to a colleague as its been a while since looking over analogue broadcasting he has advised as well as video encoding the different PAL settings use different frequencies to transmit the sound encoding ranging from 5 - 6.5 MHz, so this could well be a PAL issue.

Let me see if there is a way of looking up the firmware settings, however I would have though when you tune the TV it should be asking you to select region, it may pay off to do a factory reset and make sure the country is set to UK as that would align your PAL settings to UK (I)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi is that the end
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Or are still working on it
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Ive been trying to source the documentation for this model, everything I have available to me shows this is not configurable as the definition is determined by presets on the firmware, and on resetting the set it should check for the region and update the broadcasting settings at that point, if this isnt working then this points to a fault on the control board.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance?