VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

Problem with Hotmail.com, on my MS Surface laptop running

Customer Question

problem with Hotmail.com
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my MS Surface laptop running Win10 using MS Mail
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: problem is, although I can send and receive emails, when recipients of my emails reply back to me they receive a message from Potmaster informing them that their email has been rejected although I have in fact received it
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: problem is, although I can send and receive emails, when recipients of my emails reply back to me they receive a message from Potmaster informing them that their email has been rejected although I have in fact received it
Category: Email
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have tried sending myself a test message and it sends and is received ok but then i receive another email fro Postmaster informing me that it has been rejected and shows a long disused and no longer connected email address

Can you please elaborate the issue so that I may assist you further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no I don't need to to remotely connect

if you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service for 39, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK that is understood

Please answer my question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also when I send an email using ***@******.*** it auto-completes using a strange name which is not mine

Can you provide me a picture so i can see.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
how to I send you a picture of***@******.*** message?

Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open. A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to the Expert.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
trying to figure this out...

Okay, take your time

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would need to know your email address to be able to forward the message to you...?

Please, Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open. A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to the Expert.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the "file" is an email from Postmaster...clicking on that doesn't do anything

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

I would like to know, from which web browser you are trying to access your account?

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Errors sending or receiving email and try the troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/delivery-failed