PraveenKG
PraveenKG,
106490884

I have a VIA 1430-1435 which I bought in the USA I am now

Customer Question

I have a VIA 1430-1435 which I bought in the USA I am now living back in the UK and the GPS does not work any more. On the Europe map 3 no UK or Netherlands???
JA: Who makes your GPS?
Customer: TOM TOM
JA: What have you tried so far with your TomTom?
Customer: TOM TOM
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not realy O yes I tried to reset but that does not work either
Category: Email
Expert:  PraveenKG replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Praveen. You have reached JustAnswer.com which is a Paid Question and Answer site. I will be helping you with your issue today.
I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your GPS not working issue.

Kindly find below troubleshooting steps and follow.

STEP 1:

Important: If your device doesn't receive a GPS signal, it might be impacted by the GPS Week Number Rollover. In this case you will need to update the software on your navigation device. Click here for more information.

STEP 2:

After checking your device in step 1, if your device is not impacted or still doesn’t receive a GPS signal follow the step by step instructions. click here

WATCH THE VIDEO

If your navigation device doesn't receive a GPS* signal, your driving view may appear grey, your location icon may appear grey, or you may see an error message on the screen, depending on which device you have. Note that even under optimal circumstances it can take a couple of minutes for your device to receive a signal.

There are several possible causes for GPS issues. Follow the checklist below to find the solution that works for you.

• Your view is obstructed. If you are in a wooded area, near tall buildings or water it can take longer than normal for your device to receive a GPS signal. Try moving to an area with an open view of the sky if possible.
  • The software or QuickGPSfix file for your device needs to be updated. In order to quickly receive a GPS fix, your device needs to have the latest software installed. Connect to TomTom HOME or MyDrive Connect and download any software and QuickGPSfix updates.

Detailed steps for devices that use MyDrive Connect

Detailed steps for devices that use TomTom HOME

If you have a connected device that receives TomTom Services through your Smartphone or a built-in SIM card, you receive automatic updates for QuickGPSfix as soon as they are available. For Smartphone Connected devices you need to connect to a compatible Smartphone in order to receive updates.
  • You have moved to a different location since last using your navigation device. If you've moved a significant distance, for instance by plane, since last using your navigation device, it can take up to 45 minutes to receive a GPS fix.
  • Your navigation device is not working correctly and needs to be reset. In some cases, if the software on your navigation device is not working as expected, you may need to reset the device. See how to reset your device here. Note that it can take a little while after resetting a device before you receive a GPS signal.

*Some newer TomTom navigation devices use the GLONASS system in addition to GPS but the steps remain the same. For more information about GPS and GLONASS, see our glossary.

Also Please watch video from below link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7U0MxVaK5A&feature=youtu.be