Suma MN
Suma MN,
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer at Tanama Software Private Limited
104823085

How do I remove the bottom case off of an HP Pavilion laptop

How do I remove the bottom case off of an HP Pavilion laptop model number 3168 NGW?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: It's an HP Pavilion, model 3168NGW. OS is Win 10.
JA: What have you tried so far with your 3168NGW? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I want to upgrade the memory and don't know how to remove the base of the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
David

Hi David. Is that an HP Pavilion 15 series laptop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure, as all I can find printed on the base is the model number, which is 3168NGW.

Please click on the below link and watch the video instructions.

https://youtu.be/LQjifiFj5UY

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it approximately 2 years ago

https://youtu.be/LQjifiFj5UY

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm having trouble getting the page to load, please be patient with me while I sort it.Thanks.

Sure, I will be with you. Please go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I'm afraid that's not it. Mine has metal hinges just short of 2 inches long and doesn't have any separate access panels.

It will be the same way to do it on your laptop. I recommend you to visit a nearby store if you are not familiar with it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've dismantled several computers over the years but this one has got me beaten. On my computer, I can't remove the battery, DVD drive and the hinges don't have covers. I've removed all the available screws, none are hidden but I can't seperate the top from the bottom. Any other idea's please?

I recommend you to visit a nearby store as I am not able to see your device or its staus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, thanks for your help. Have a good day.

You are welcome. Thank you for contacting us. Feel free to contact us for further assistance. Have a great day.