VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I need to set up a new password for gmail but impossible to

Customer Question

hi i need to set up a new password ***** gmail but impossible to do via my email address or mobile number. Want to get emails on my ee phone and my old contact list as lost my phone. i have tried 5 times to do this and put in codes 6 times and it keeps telling me i have the wrong number of digits! I really need to speak to someone! ee support have tried for half an hour and been unable to assist!
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Using phone but no contact list or emails on it!
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Phone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: Hi as just said been on half an hour to ee tech and could not do!
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Anshul2019 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, This is Anshul and I will be assisting you with your issue today.
Could you provide me the email address, which you having an issue?

I am not getting any response from your side, if you still need my assistance then please reply to me, It will be a pleasure to helping you.

I will be available till 10 PM EST and Login back at 1:00 PM EST (weekdays). If you are not comfortable with this time then I will open this case for other experts.
Or you can opt me out and open the case to get help from other experts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I have been out and have no access to email on my mobile phone.
The address that is problematic is the email address***@******.*** and getting a new password *****! I would like to speak to someone so I can be talked through how to resolve the problem!

Are you having an issue with your Apple account password to update your IOS, am I correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have an apple account! As this chat not working now going to try telephone help number!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wasn't available when you replied.

if you still need my assistance then please reply to me, It will be a pleasure to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
realized i sent you wrong gmail address as late at night. Should be***@******.***. I have rung the help line number and am waiting for someone to ring me! Still happy for anyone to help as not sorted! Just to clarify i have an ee samsung phone number***********and a bt email address on a hp laptop as well as gmail address set up to help if lost my phone!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't have have the call options available. so I am opening this case for the other experts.
Might they can help you over the call.

Expert:  VanHilton M replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Gmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. gmail states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So, unfortunately, there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time, I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Gmail has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully, it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am very disappointed with this reply as it means everything is lost so now don't understand why you are asking the next question! are you talking about getting my emails on to my phone! I asked on helpline for someone to ring me!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do not want to use this service anymore as been no help!

Can you please elaborate the issue so that I may assist you further?