Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I wonder if you can help. Many years ago my son (aged appx 8

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help. Many years ago my son (aged appx 8 yrs old at the time) open an gmail account for his friend using his gmail account as a recovery email account. Now, so many years have passed (my son is now 17) and his friend would like to gain access to his account, as it is in unique name. His father is pressing me to sort this. We tried the recovery route but we are not getting much success. How can we solve this?
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: Well. I believe they logged into the computer. however as it was many years ago, we have changed few computers since.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: No, that is the problem. I remember that the password ***** used was a kind of Japanise reference. I don't think they had a mobile phone at the time. They were very young. Let me ask my son.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was no tel number. just asked. my son is with me. so if you can connect us, them that would be great. Thank you for your help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also. I believe that when they created the account, they used the incorrect recovery email. And that is why we cannot recover. the code is sent to the incorrect account. We also tried many years ago, for we are trying to access this account for a while now, the the incorrect email address, but without any reply.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you need some sort of legal document from the person owning the account and ourselves. that can be arranged. Just need to what to do. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They may remember the security questions. if this helps. Sorry
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question -> See steps below:

Okay - then the only option left is to report this login issue. Please fill out the form in the link below, enter as much details as possible to prove that you are the true owner

of the Gmail account. On the 5th column provide the any social media link which is associated with your Gmail account. Then Google will verify your information and contact you later (1-3 days) :

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/forum_ar_escalations

-------------

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.