Kyle
Kyle, Email Support Engineer
Experience:  Technology Consultant at KA Helpdesk
107309638

I recently purchased a MiniMac20 and duly copied everything

I recently purchased a MiniMac20 and duly copied everything over from my MacBook. Brilliant EXCEPT a problem occurred with connection to iCloud "because a problem occurred with my email address. I have gone through the options but have failed to solve the problem. I have three email addresses and am surprised with the email problem. Any advice Esther
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I address is with a company called wyenet 2nd Mail and third Gmail
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Gmail on my mini mac through the mail icon through Safari
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything at moment
Hello, I am Kyle and today I will be your I.T engineer from Just Answer a paid independent answering service. The Just Answer platform has a wide variety of experts available online including electricians, doctors and lawyers.Firstly, sorry to hear about your issue. I work in accordance with the troubleshooting guidelines issued by your manufacturer / service provider and will help you to get back up and running again.Please note: An automatic secure remote assistance request will be made by our system please do not accept this session as its very likely that we can resolve your issue via this chat without any additional charge to you.Please can you give me two moments to review your problem?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Ok most online services have an online recovery tool that you can use to get back into your account. I would advise starting here, simply search your account provider in your web browser from your device enter their site and look for sign in (its usually at the top) then click forgot password ***** trigger the password ***** wizard. Complete the steps to gain access to your account again from there.

Do this for each account that you have and then once complete then update your devices with the new passwords.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Right been there done that

Ok and what was the result please when you submitted the recovery request?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I reset the password ***** then a whirling circle started and just kept going
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I reset the password ***** then a whirling circle started up and wouldn't stop whirling

Ok this means that you have not completed the process that I am talking about.

Whats the email accounts that you are trying to access please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Kyle I have three emails - the one that is problematic is***@******.***

Ok can you test that the account is not locked please.

Login here - https://www.mail.com/int/#.2068504-header-navlogin2-1

If you cannot them click cannot access account to trigger the password ***** wizard and follow the steps.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry NO RESET PASSWORD *****
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK I think I might have reset the password. I will try and see if I can resolve my problem myself and if not come back to you. THANKS
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My problem has not been solved
Ok what happened when you tried to reset the password?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did reset the password ***** it wasn’t recognised when I went into System Prefernces

Ok please remove the account and then re-add it with the new password.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have done that but am still having no luck

Ok what happened when you tried to add it and did you use your new password?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think this is beyond me would you mind connecting to my Mac to understand the problem

No worries, it does happen! My next remote session after the bank holiday is Tuesday, would you like me to book you in?

Thanks for accepting Secure Remote Assistance, please download and install the remote agent here to get started - https://join.zoho.com/401944379

Once downloaded I will connect to your computer.

Customer: replied 14 hours ago.
I no longer need assistance thanks