Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, System Engineer
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

Your work for me 6-7 years ago was fine, but a problem has

Customer Question

Your work for me 6-7 years ago was fine, but a problem has arisen with the living-room window. Suddenly, c. 6 weeks ago, it became impossible to open: this, on hot days, is a pain! The key seems to function, but the handle is immovable. So?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: BTinternet
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Via my main-frame computer ("Windows")
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What can I try? The handle is doing the blocking, and very few could force it by human hand
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just tell me please how I might proceed
Category: Email
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

From what you told my assistant Pearl I have been able to investigate your problem and come up with the following response:

1. Press the Windows key + X and choose Control Panel.
  2. Select Windows Update.
  3. Choose Change Settings.
  4. Change the settings for updates to Automatic.
  5. Choose OK.
  6. Restart the device.

I hope my answer helps you resolve your problem, if this does not resolve your problem or you need a follow up please let me know & we will work together to resolve this.

Once again, thank you for choosing Just Answer and giving me the opportunity to help answer your question!
Andy