Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a question about email format eml. I made a claim to

Hello.
I have a question about email format eml.
I made a claim to employment tribunal and my ex-company sent me email file as evidence for the case in eml format.
I believe that they modified content of email and i know content of eml format can be easily modified, Is there other format where leave the record if original file is modified? In addition, there there way to check if eml file has been modified? Such as computer forensics etc..
Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

If you open that EML file, there is a date and time stamp on the email, that cannot be changed along with the email message.

You can try to request in a PST format if you prefer

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, i did some research and with ms outlook It can be changed the contents of email and export any format. So how can i check if original content of email has been changed?
And which program should i use to see the date and time stamp please?

You cannot check if it was changed, once exported

You can use this oinline emal viewer - https://openemlfile.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they changed The contents of the original message with ms outlook and export in eml, there is no way to check? What about Attached file in eml file?

Is this one email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They sent 4 eml files and i have doubt on specific one email. Other email seems all right.

There is no way to check if they modified it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about computer forensics? Is it nothing to do with it?

Once you export the file, its finalized, there is no traces of going back.

Its like writing an essay in word then saving it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see.... thanks for your help.

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.