Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Expert
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

My iPad tells me I cannot send emails because my sync is

My iPad tells me I cannot send emails because my sync is turned off
JA: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: 2 messages were unsent, I have cancelled/deleted them message received in very small box telling me SYNC TURNED off in email app 90 days presumable have turn something back on - what is it?
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: Not that I can see but I'm old so please explain where I have to check
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you just want to be back in contact with friends and family

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

Please remove the email account and then add it back to fix the sync.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to be able to use my iPad as before. Since then I have with friend looked after an old partially sighted lady together with another lady we both live nearby. Her family farmers from N Yorkshire took her to their home on Saturday and since then I have been totally shattered physically and mentally. My iPad still shows when I select recipient a - sign next to her name. My normal desk top has no problem with this and it seems to me at the moment I'm no further forward and still cannot use my iPad I did for the first few weeks after I purchased it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would really like to know why after just 6 weeks my iPad was blocked by this message telling I had no Sync
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has changed, what do I have to do to regain the use of my iPad

Go to app store to get anydesk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I had received an email but not cannot access anything further after confirmation of secure remote assistance so nothing has changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to confirm 'Send private contact info?

Did you go to anydesk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If and when this problem is sorted out I would appreciate a full explanation as to how this problem was caused

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting notification of new emails, but there is nothing new, why?

Can you send me a screenshot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but you will have to tell me how..........

Home button and Power button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I do not understand where it is and how do I do it

To take a screenshot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a screen show Software update available with two blue boxes at the bottom of screen one - later and other download do I select the latter or leave alone?

Later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the fact that it is taking a long time to download the software mean I will be able to use it as before when I first purchased it?

Could be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want positive proof that none of the information currently being moved back into my ipad will not be made available to anyone to download.

No, it won't.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Despite getting help from Joseph Newman yesterday I still cannot send/received emails - the small box still appears telling my SNYC turned off in email app [*****@******.***] Please advise me what I've done wrong as I really do want to use my iPad. Thank you

Good morning. Did you delete the account and re add it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not aware I had done this but it seems I stupidly have done this you will I'm afraid have to tell me again what I need to do in very simple language as I'm not very experienced in computer terminology this was always down to my late husband.
  1. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  3. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
  4. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but where do I find Settings Passwords & Accounts?

It is an icon that looks like a gear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but where do I find the email account details I have no idea the only information I have is the icon to open email

Accounts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me have Secure Remote Assistance to sort this out once and for all

Sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already spoken to someone to help me based in India and she had no way of answering my question because she was not involved in the area I was querying. I received a email from the help section and have sent a detailed request detailing my enquiries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one further request can you tell me when your task is completed so that I can close down asap to avoid what happens quite a lot where I live telephone cut off, usually for split seconds but that is enough to loose what will have been done to restore my iPad use

yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot hear the telephone message from BT as it is said so quickly and quietly its impossible please give me details of where I am to look

I understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I honestly truly have tried to listen to the details of where to look and I still cannot grasp what is being said so please send me details of the email where I have to look to get answers from Secure Remote Assistance technician

Go to anydesk.com.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anydesk.com

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to listen to a telephone message telling me how to get information regarding my iPad but it is mumbled and I have tried 3 times and still have had no success

Sorry about that. Try text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anydesk.com I have tried to listen to a telephone message telling me how to get information regarding my iPad disfunction but it is mumbled and quick and after 3 times I'm still no wiser

Text please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The telephone message telling me where to get information regarding my iPad disfunction is spoken softly and very fast, I've tried 3 times and so has a friend and she cannot hear all that is said

You need to use text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but where do I use text can't I just have a message similar to these to get what information is being given

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having no success making contact, please can you ask that a message be sent to me to tell me what the latest position ios

Alright.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help much appreciated

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truly sorry to do this to you but I thought an email has been sent but there appears to be nothing new in my in box

No worries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only ask you but is there any indication of when the download will be complete as for me this is the third day sitting at this computer and there were about 3 days too when this problem started. The whole incident has not any fault of mine since the message came from 02 saying SYNC turned off in email app[*****@******.***] and I could not have done this. I'm exhausted and losing all hope of a cure. tthis

Reset ipad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally does this mean I can happily go away and enjoy my iPad with messages to relations and friends I'm back in the world of communication. For your help many thanks.

You're welcome.