Robert H
Robert H, Computer and IT support Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

My father passed away. I have his email adress but not his

My father passed away. I have his email adress but not his password. How could I access to his account? thanks

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

---

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand you need access to a family member's account. I am sorry for your loss.

You will need to contact Microsoft's "Custodian of Records". The information provided on their website regarding this is:

If a family member has passed away or become medically incapacitated, we're here to help. Microsoft has a dedicated team that can release Outlook.com content belonging to the family member—including all emails and their attachments, address book, and contact lists—to a next-of-kin or guardian.

To help safeguard the privacy and security of all Outlook.com customers, they cannot provide you with or change the password ***** the account, or transfer ownership of the account. Nor are they able to assist you with password ***** account recovery, or any other support for your own account.

The content will be transferred to a DVD, which will be shipped to you. To request the release of content and to close the family member's account, please contact the Microsoft Custodian of Records by emailing *****@******.***.

In the email, please include the following info:

• Your first and last name.
  • Your phone number.
  • Your Email address.
  • The full name of the deceased or incapacitated family member.
  • To the best of your knowledge, the Outlook.com accounts belonging to the family member.

Their team will reach out to you with details and specific documentation requirements.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Customer/p>

(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry is it not outlook I am afraid. It is Yandex.ruAlso I have a similar issue my self
I hope you can still help with that
I used to have a Yahoo email but I forgot the password
Tried to re issue it many times never could over this 10 years
What are the steps I could take? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?

Oh, then you will need to contact their support team :)