KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Exchange & Email Consultant
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am using BT email and have just discovered that I am

I am using BT email and have just discovered that I am unable to use the reply, reply all or forward keys? What's going on?

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

May I know, how are you accessing your email?

Please follow the steps below

1. Open Web browser
  2. Clear History and website data
  3. Restart web browser
  4. Sign in to email
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
by the BT email (not sure if it's Yahoo). Thanks.

Please follow the steps I sent above

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for the steps. When you say open Web browser, please walk me through this

Web browser means Chrome, firefox, Microsoft Edge or Internet explorer which ever you are using to access email

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also in the browser, there is an exclamation mark inside a circle - stating that the browser is "Not secure"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am using Chrome. Should I close down the email?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For instance, Kamil, I am using Chrome to speak with "Just Answer"

Please follow the steps below

1. Open Chrome
  2. Click the three vertical dots on top right
  3. Click More tools
  4. Click clear browsing data
  5. Choose Advance tab
  6. Choose time to Everything
  7. Check all except Passwords
  8. Click Clear
  9. Restart Chrome
  10. Go to https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femaillogin
  11. Sign in
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Additionally, if I restart the web browser will the Just Answer interaction abruptly end?

Please follow the steps I sent above

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Kamil, I think the problem has been fixed - I think I found the tab relating to Time - also have looked at the most recent post from Just Answer in my Inbox (namely yourself) and am now ablet to use the reply, reply all and forward actions. Just to recap using the three dots . . . , I was able to follow as far as the Advance tab - my screeen keeps jumping SORRY - recently installed a new hard drive and McAfee.

Welcome

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When following the steps - one last question, no. 6 Choose time to Everything, does that refer to "All time"?

Yes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I uncheck all the boxes except for the "Clear all passwords"?

Yes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. Verified that I am now able to use the "reply" "reply all" and "forward" actions. Many thanks - really appreciated not having to pay a further £5 since my last payment.

You are welcome