Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I need to reset my email password as i am unable to receive

i need to reset my email password ***** i am unable to receive email on my iMac or iPhone
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: yes i can see my email on virgin media
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: not on file maybe from memory
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my iMac has always been a problem with my email but normally fine on the iPhone

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok reset my password ***** gives me access to my email on virgin.com but still unable to open email on the iPhone or mac to see any new emails
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Richard ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Richard can you let me know when you will access remotely my iMac ?

What happens now if you try to access it on the mac?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
As you can see no email coming in to the iMac for months but I was always getting my emails on my iPhone

ok, now you reset the password, in Apple Mail on the mac, click on Mail, then Preferences and enter in the new password *****

Then send an email to yourself and tell me if it arrives please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
still nothing on the iMac

now you reset the password, in Apple Mail on the mac, click on Mail, then Preferences and enter in the new password *****

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
richard i have reset the password ***** the outgoing and incoming server and then get a message that unable to verify account

Can you please go to www.whatismyip.com

Note your IP address down there.

Then go to https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

And put in your IP address and see if you are blacklisted (it will show it in red).

If so, this is why you cannot send on the computer and in this case you would need to contact your internet provider in order to get the public IP address you have changed.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it listed that my ip is on two blacklists SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN i have no idea what that means but you are telling me that i need to contact virgin media which seems near on impossible at the moment

yes you will have to sorry

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
cheers

You are welcome

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

Okay, I can go ahead and remotely connect to your computer to resolve this issue.
Please click this link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c9719e91-cc89-4007-bb14-93143c5b16ab

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program.
Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start
the remote assistance session