Ramesh BABU
Ramesh BABU,
Experience:  Manager at Morgan Stanly
105859444

Can you help me with Microsoft account verification

Can you help me with Microsoft account verification problems?
JA: What Microsoft product do you have?
Customer: my email account with hotmail, plus Edge on my PC
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: all 3
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: at the end of August Ireceived an email from Microsoft informing me that account verification was shortly to switch to text only and I should update my security details, including the phone number associated with my account, which is a landline. I have bought a new landline phone which can receive texts via BT text, but Microsoft says they canNot sent texts to that number. I tried to login to my account to change to a mobile number but a verification code was not received via. The land line or both the mobiles that my wife and I have.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have been trying for some time to get microsft to let me enter my account to add the mobile numbers so you can send texts to me but I cannot get past the initial count verification stage with my landline. Microsft says they will call me with a code but then nothing is received.

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to help you with your question today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Great, do you understand my problem?

To start go to account.microsoft.com and log in.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Cannot reach that page. What is the full address
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Nothing

Since you are in the UK try searching for Microsoft account.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If I login to my microsft account I enter hotmail

Microsoft owns it so yes.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK I have signed in to my hotmail account
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What now?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Are you there Joseph?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hallo, anyone there?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Joseph, Can you please respond as I have heard nothing from you for over 10 minutes

I'm still here. Sorry.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK I have my Hotmail account open, now what?

Security info confirms your identity
Security info is an alternate contact email address or phone number that you add to your account. If you forget your password, or if someone else is trying to take over your account, we send a verification code to that alternate email or phone number. When you give the code back to us, we know that you’re really you so we can help get you back into your Microsoft account.

We use your security info only to verify your identity if you're accessing personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.

Note:

This article is about security info. If you have lost, forgotten or have other password ***** see Change or reset your Windows password.

Before we start into how to manage your security info, let's make sure we’ve successfully sent your verification code.

If you’d like to reset your password ***** the verification code didn’t arrive, see When you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account.
For tips about receiving and using verification codes, take a look for Troubleshooting verification code issues.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Precisely. I have been here already. I have not received the verification code to my landline number, which is the number that is associated with my account. I am trying to change my security details to add a mobile phone as microsoft do not seem to realise that we can use landline phones to send and receive texts via BT text, as I can
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
microsoft will not send texts to landlines

No, has to be a cellphone.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I know that now although via my landline I can receive and send texts, but cannot get into my account to using my landline number for verification as microsoft say they have sent the code to my number but I do not receive it.

Try email verification.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I thought microsoft do not like verifying an account with a microsoft account (Hotmail)

Yes, as a backway.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not understood

Say don't have number.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, not clear what you mean
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any way to speak to a human being at microsoft?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
is that it?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Joseph - any more advice?

My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble

whats your hotmail id?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hallo Ramesh.***@******.***

okay

did you raise any ticket with hotmail team regarding this issue?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No. How do I do that? I have read all their posts online . It is a Catch22 situation.

okay

i will do it behalf of you

kindly provide me the below details

First name :

Last name :

Email ID:

Contact number:

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK. I am not getting their verification codes to my phone (landline) via a telephone call, in order to verify my microsoft account in order to be able add a mobile so they can send me a text so I can switch to text only verification in future> Catch 22!!

okay

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Andrew Gough. By email ID do you mean my password ***** the address? Contact number is ***** - 241571 The Phone to be added I can also give you if you need it.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry the contact number is ***** not 01558!!

okay

have made a request, it will resolve within 24 hours

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Wow, thank you. Resolve it what way? a phone call? or what Do microsoft realise that it is possible to send and receive texts by landline now, with the right phone as mine is, via BT text?

they will contact you at 01458 not 01558

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
with a verification code or to discuss my problem?

with a verification code.Thank you

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Does that not mean I have to contact them first in order to be ready to insert it?

Since i made a request behalf of you , they will contact you today .Thanks

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. Are we now done?

yes. Kindly give me your rating on my service.

Ramesh BABU,
Experience: Manager at Morgan Stanly