The only recovery method is at https://account.live.com/password/reset
If you don't have access to your account recovery phone number or alternate email address, this is the only process you can go through to possibly regain access to your account. It is critical that you keep your recovery information up to date. Not doing so is by far the fastest way to lose access to your account forever.
During the recovery process, you will need to click on “I don’t have these any more”. The “Send code” button will change to Verify online; click that.
The recovery process now switches to a possibly manual account-verification process.
You once again provide the email address of the account to which you are attempting to gain access, as well as another email address at which you can be contacted. This second email address can be any account to which you currently have access.
Click Next. You may be sent a code to the second email account, which you’ll enter to verify you have access to it. You’ll then be presented with a page requesting an assortment of information.
This page asks you to provide as much information as you can about the account, including:
- Your name and birth date.
- Your location.
- The answer to your security question(s), if you had one or more set up.
- Other passwords you may have used on this account in the past.
- The subject lines of any emails you may have sent recently.
- The names of any folders you’ve created in your account.
- The email addresses of any contacts to which you’ve recently sent email.
- Billing information, including a credit card, if you have any associated with the account.
The goal here is to provide enough information to prove you are who you say you are: the rightful account holder.