VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

We currently have no TV. Contacted 150 This morning no

Customer Question

We currently have no TV. Contacted 150 This morning no available calls until Saturday which is unacceptable. This is the 8th Breakdown this year. Our freeview aerial doesn't work so we are going to change this. I feel like cancelling the contract altogether.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: No problem with TV (LG) Digital
JA: How long have you had your 8TH?
Customer: Repeat: This is the 8th Breakdown since January not all due to Virgin also power cuts but it takes 20 minutes to reprogramme the V6 box which is an added frustration. The rebooting is currently not working
JA: What have you tried so far with your LG product?
Customer: There is nothing wrong with the TV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cannot access any programmes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: I cannot access any programmes at the moment as the Freeview aerial is not working. Not able to do anything about this until tommorrow.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What do I do when I see a “NO SIGNAL” message on one or more channels?

First check that your TV is set to the correct Source or Input, try changing the Source or Input to AV, TV, Digital TV or DTV if you haven’t already.

If your “No Signal” message is not due to incorrect Source or Input being selected, then it’s most likely caused by a set up or antenna fault.

In the majority of cases, pixelating pictures ("blocks on the screen") or a "No Signal" message from time to time are symptoms of reception issues.

Network Status

There is essential maintenance carried out on the network from time to time, which may have a temporary impact on signal levels. However these are usually scheduled between midnight and 6am to avoid causing disruptions to your viewing and you can find information about all projects that may affect the network status here (information as provided by the Transmission Providers).

Common Causes of Reception Issues

Reception problems can be caused by:

Fault with the antenna, for example:

• UHF aerial is incorrectly aligned or obstructed
  • Satellite dish is incorrectly positioned or obstructed
  • Corrosion in parts of the antenna due to constant exposure to the elements;

Fault with the cabling or connections, for example:

• Loose connections from the antenna cable to the TV;

Product fault or misuse:

• You may wish to contact the manufacturer of your device to check, for example, does your product have the latest firmware upgrades?

If you have regular reception issues your antenna system should be checked.

First try a "Cold Retune"...

1. Switch off your device at the wall (this is the receiver, recorder or TV that your antenna cables is connected to)
  2. Reconnect all cables at the back of the TV or box, making sure that the cables are all properly connected (you want to avoid loose cables that could cause signal loss) and if you have a signal booster connected, try removing that and plug the antenna cable straight into your receiver, recorder or TV.
  3. Wait a little while for any overheated devices to cool down.
  4. Power ON your TV and receiver / recorder box.
  5. Retune your device. You'll find tuning options in Menu or Settings. If you need instructions, please refer to your Device Manual, or for guidelines, see here.

If this doesn't help, it's most likely there's an antenna fault at play here.

Our recommendation is to contact a local installer in your area who can provide on-site diagnosis and fix. Here's a free online directory where you can find a local installer. It's best to ring around for a few quotes.*

Alternatively you can contact Aerials Direct, a Freeview accredited installer, for a quote.*

Other useful notes

Freeview is not a manufacturer, retailer or installer of digital TV products and therefore cannot provide specific advice on addressing reception issues in your home.

However, we do have troubleshooting FAQs which you can try at home. These take you through a process to identify the possible causes and resolve the issues.

You can also visit the Freeview Forum for free advice and assistance from viewers and installers.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Thank you for your response. We have gone through most of these steps being familiar with the procedures.The problem appears to be with the Virgin v6 box Which apparently will not be attended to until Saturday earliest. I am a retired person with a terminal illness and this is unacceptable.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thank you I do not want to pay out any more money.

I suggest directing contact to Virgin v6 box Customer support: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus