Expert-Alexa
Expert-Alexa, Email Expert
Experience:  Technical Engineer at I-Tech Computers
104305054

My email address is. I’ve recently purchased a new phone.

Customer Question

Hi my email address is***@******.***. I’ve recently purchased a new phone. Everything moved over smoothly except outlook. It’s holding an old phone number to my account. I’ve forgotten my password ***** wants to send verification to old number. 🙈
JA: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?
Customer: no I don’t have any others
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: i can’t remember old number. My husband doesn’t use email, I can’t trace any emails exactly, though it’s used for everything and I’m very frustrated at moment. Please help. House number is ***** but there’s no phone connected to it at moment. My husbands number is ***** it, everything is used for it, my husbands motorbike insurance for eg. MCE
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant access google either, because apparently my email address is nit found.
Category: Email
Expert:  Expert-Alexa replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Alexa and I am happy to help you today.

I am sorry for the troubles you are facing with the Hotmail email password *****

I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Don’t worry at all.

If the old number is ***** longer in use, there is a form you can submit to reset the password. Please respond here when you are free to help you with that form and the process to fill that form.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t know old number

It's okay. You don't need the old number. Please follow the below process.

Please click HERE.

You will have to fill the above form and submit a few original details added when the account was created. You will be asked to enter an alternate email where Microsoft can contact you for Password ***** In addition, you will be asked to provide the last 5 email IDs and subject lines sent from this email account that needs the password ***** Please fill them all carefully.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Was trying to repky

No problem at all. Please follow that process I just mentioned. You will easily get the account back.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m getting no where. Still can’t access***@******.***. Just how much info do I need to give. All my email address are in this mail box contacts everything. Would appear I’ve not updated my info when it happened. My only fault is I bought knew phone and forgot password, I question why I have to pay only for someone to update my info. My phone is useless until someone does.

Mainly the last 5 email IDs you sent emails to, with the subject lines from this Hotmail account. All the details you enter, like your personal details should match the original details you entered when creating this account. If either of those details mismatch, the request gets rejected.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I could remember any of my last passwords, then I wouldn’t be locked out

I completely understand. Those are just for security checks. You can enter even the older ones you remember. As you do not have the number or the email added to your recovery, this form is the only option to reset your password.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t remember, I work for M&S I’m changing passwords all the time only one I frequently use is dominic1, see if it’s on the list?

I am extremely sorry, not just we, nobody will be able to view your password. We can only go through that recovery process. Please try filling that form again, this time, carefully fill all the details.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m know very upset and annoyed that know one can help me. I’ve spent today going to `O2 who sent me to Apple now they’ve passed me to you

I am extremely sorry. Even Microsoft phone support won't be able to help as this is a password ***** Password ***** ***** sensitive and it has to be reset in the process I provided. I am extremely sorry about that. Just calmly try and remember all the details to enter in that form and fill that form again. It should definitely work.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t have any details that’s going to match. How do I fix that

Without those details match, its not possible to reset the password ***** all. I am sorry about that.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Even trying to pay £22 my details don’t match

Please ignore any additional payment. The password ***** won't work if the details don't match. I am being very honest and do not want to make you run around. I am sorry.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
how do I get at my mail?

Without submitting those details on the form and resetting the password, there is no other way at all. I am extremely sorry.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I ring O2 see if they can give me old phone number I can only remember 077****8084

Yes, if you can remember your old number and call that it might work out.

If they give you the code that goes to the phone, you can reset the password. You can explain to them that you were the owner of that phone and need a code to reset your email password. A lot of others were able to get the account back this way.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok