SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I have lost my hotmail account on m y new iPad. I am being

Customer Question

I have lost my hotmail account on m y new iPad. I am being asked for info on addresses used on my Hotmail. I do not use Hotmail for correspondence and therefore cannot province this info. How do I retrieve my Hotmail account at***@******.*** please
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: either iPhone or, mostly, ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: entered my password ***** has not been recognised; tried to apply for reset but rejected because cannot provide requested info as described above.
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks, ***** ***** my account back
Category: Email
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please use the link below to reset the password ***** your Hotmail account.

Link - https://account.live.com/password/reset

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This puts me right back to where I started. I do not have the information that they ask for because I do not use my hotmail for correspondence. I would rather not have anyone connect not my device if that can be avoided.
Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

Expert:  SaloniM replied 14 days ago.

In this case, the only option left is to fill the form by clicking the following link to open the Microsoft Account Recovery web page:

Link - https://account.live.com/acsr

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saloni