Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am having problems with my btinternet account. I receive

Customer Question

I am having problems with my btinternet account. I receive emails but cannot send. I have reported this to you several times, have done what was suggested, but have had no success in solving the problem. The account is***@******.***. The same problem occurs with my wife’s account***@******.***.
I have 3 devices: a PC running Windows 10, using emClient as email client, an iPad and an Android phone. My wife similar. All suffer the same inability to send via btinternet. Use of webmail makes no difference.
When using emClient I get an error message saying “Sorry we couldn’t send your message. The network address your device has been assigned is on an industry blacklist to prevent spam. The problem should be addressed by your network service provider. Please try again or use webmail.”
I suspect this has something to do with an event in August when someone hacked my contacts list and sent, as if from me, a harmless but annoying email to all my contacts. Since then I have changed my ISP, router and password.
I would emphasise that I have had several online chats with your assistants over the last two months, all to no avail.
JA: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: Both.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: Not that I know of. gmail works OK.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: N0.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please go to www.whatismyip.com
Note your IP address down there.
Then go to https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
And put in your IP address and see if you are blacklisted (it will show it in red).
If so, this is why you cannot send on the computer and in this case you would need to contact your internet provider in order to get the public IP address you have changed.
Let me know how you go please