SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Expert
110384226

Opened new email account on Friday worked fine email sent &

Customer Question

opened new email account on Friday worked fine email sent & received. Closed & opened outlook so needed to log in, no problems. Tried to log in today, although it shows my email address and enters it automatically it rejects my security number. I wrote this number down & used it several times on Friday. Ive tried opening a new account & got to the point where it opens outlook only a new page opens with an error message asking for my works email address I do not have an alternative address. The security protocol has now locked me out because of my numerous attempts to open my email. Can you advise. Not by email.
JA: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?
Customer: No or does mobile text message count. Ineed this for the confirmation codes you send
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Phone no 44***********
Category: Email
Expert:  SaloniM replied 18 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Expert:  SaloniM replied 18 days ago.

May I know who is your email provider so that I can help you with the resolution?

Expert:  SaloniM replied 18 days ago.

Without the information requested  in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Please use the link below to reset the password

Link - https://account.live.com/password/reset

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni