Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

Seriously messed up my email account. Think I just cancelled

Customer Question

Hi there seriously messed up my email account. Think I just cancelled by mistake
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: It’s aol.com
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Tablet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well for some reason my account wouldn’t let me through these past few days unless I gave my telephone number and they sent me a code. Don’t know how this happened..
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just to get back to the way it was please
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

**REMOTE SUPPORT IS OFFERED TO YOU BY THE WEBSITE AND NOT ME. IT IS NOT REQUIRED BUT CAN BE PERFORMED ONLY ON A PC WHICH HAS INTERNET ACCESS AND CAN BOOT TO THE DESKTOP. REMOTE SUPPORT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANY SMARTPHONE OR TABLET. IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH A TABLET OR SMARTPHONE DO NOT REQUEST REMOTE SUPPORT, CLOSE AND IGNORE THE REQUEST.**

Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

What email service are you using?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not having trouble with iPad, it’s my account at aol.com
Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

When you sign into the account on your iPad you are prompted for phone number?

Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

Can you provide more details to the issue you are having and how you are accessing your account on the iPad? Are you configuring into the Mail app or are you using a browser?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have to use telephone number then I receive a code to type in
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry that took a while to answer I had a medical phone call
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In configuring into mail
Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

Yes, that means that two-step verification is enabled. This is done for security purposes so if someone hacked your account and had your password. When they try to sign in a second layer is prompted with the phone number you applied to your account. They would also need access to your phone to receive text and be able to sign into the account.

This is good and I would not change this. With all the hacking going on you want to make sure your account is secure and two verification helps secure your account. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you, Cris.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve been charged £5 fair enough now £35 taken also....please do not charge me anymore..I don’t have that kind of money I am 74 years old
Expert:  Cris replied 16 days ago.

No problem, I will make sure you are not billed for subscription.