Tauseef Z
Tauseef Z, Tech Expert
Experience:  Expert
109092715

I think thunderbird has crashed. I cannot send nor receive

Hi. I think thunderbird has crashed. I cannot send nor receive Please can you help?
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: internet perfect. I read emails from browser.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: No. I have Bitdefender & have just done scan. All O. I think maybe I have a server problem.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. What I need is connection.

Hi there, Welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped hundreds of customers. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your thunderbird . I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know who I am chatting with?

are you using windows or mac?

try reinstalling Thunderbird from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ and click on Free Download

let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Tauseef! I am Mark Hamilton (*****@******.***) Windows10

you rather have me do it? i am sending you remote connection request.

Please wait, clearing my queue, current wait 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please connect for me. I am willing to pay the fee. Thankyou.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am using Webmail temporarily but I don't like it & wish to return to thunderbird ASAP.

sure, please wait

https://join.zoho.com/882114705

please click on this link, download remote desktop app and once inside confirm back to me, you may also need to give permissions to allow me access.

you stopped sharing? please confirm

we can connect again in the evening, to continue with resolution. Please message me?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Tanseef, I will be busy this evening from 6pm to 9.15 pm. but ready to reconnect after that.
Best wishes
Mark.

Hi Mark, good evening, you there?

may be we can agree a time for today or tomorrow to do it? give me couple of slots to work with?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Tauseef, Thanks for yr response. Today at 13.00 hrs ( midday + one) would be perfect, as I don't want to lose my sleep-time, like before! Otherwise, at 15.00 hrs (both GMT, of course). I hope these times are convenient for you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tauseef, If not convenient, please suggest a time that is. Thanks.

lets do 1500hrs today. I will message you then. thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK 15.00 hrs it is.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry Tauseef, I do apologise, but something important has cropped up! Can we postpone the 15.00 until 18.00hrs? I will DEFINITELY be free at that time. Mark.

Sorry. I will be at another job at that time. I will be available from 11pm. Is that too late? Or tomorrow 3pm?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK 3pm tomorrow. I'll be here!

speak then, message when you are online. I will do the same. thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK Tauseef, I'm on right now.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hey Tauseef, are you there?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Tauseef, I'm sitting here doing nothing! I'm gonna take 10 minutes out. I'll be back at 3.30. I hope you're OK!

Hi sorry about delay. See you in 10. 1530

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK bro, I'm back now. Let's go!

Hang on generating link

https://join.zoho.com/662475372

Approach - this is what i think

These are my notes i will leave so you are clear on the approach on am suggesting

1. keep your gecko email and use its web mail.
what is the problem with Gecko mail - it is connecting with a domain, the day your friend drop this domain your emails are gone, instead i suggest that you go with an established player e.g.
2. Gmail or Outlook - the world two leading email providers and you can be confident that your emails are using the latest functionality and modern tools

So - the approach is that you continue to use gecko web-mail because it could be that you have this email account registered at placed e.g. you are using with Just Answer but any new future registration or emails can be done on your new email account

We have done few things in this session

1. your gecko account is setup on thunder Thunderbird? and getting emails
2. there is also a webmail available for gecko account which you can access
3. we discussed using Gmail and it has been setup on***@******.*** and your contacts are also loaded on it
4. your gmail account is also setup on your windows Mail app so you have this in a client status as well

your issue is that you do not have a phone with you which can verify your account so you need to get a phone or tun on your existing gone.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Tauseef. You are very good but I am a difficult case! I think it's age-related. 87 yrs old!! Sorry mate for driving you crazy! Adios.

thank you for your kind words and didn't realise you are 87 year old, that's very good for such a mature age, you kept up at it. All the best.