Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I am fully subscribed to the I Ford, I am fully subscribed

Customer Question

I am fully subscribed to the I Ford
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I am fully subscribed to the Oxford and French dictionaries’ app. Yet, when I try to use one or the other, my request is blocked by an advert requiring subscription. Can yo help?
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Dictionaries’ app - Oxford and French
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: Nothing - I don’t know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I simply want to use the app I have paid for
Category: Email
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 11 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Which device are you trying to use the application on?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, Andrew

Which device are you trying to use the application on?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
An iPhone 11
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The iPhone acknowledges that the renewal date for my dictionary subscription is 11 August 2021

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. It sounds like you have you encountering problems using the Oxford and French Dictionaries product you have purchased. Initially, I needed to verify on which device you are trying to use it on so that I could provide precise instructions on how you would go about using the application. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you to get to the bottom of the installation process.

1. Locate the AppStore which can found on your home screen, once located, please tap on it to open it.
  2. Once the AppStore has opened, use the search function to search for the Oxford and French Dictionaries.
  3. You will then be presented with the search results, Install the relevant application. (You may be prompted to enter your AppleID information before you can download the application).
  4. Once the application has been downloaded, you can then expect to find it on your Homescreen.
  5. You may need to sign into the application to apply your purchased subscription.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK

Please let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The SRA - no thanks!

Sorry I dont understand?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Andrew, I do not see the sense in downloading the Oxford and the French dictionaries when I already have them downloaded, and paid for up until the renewal date on 11 August 2021. When I try to use the dictionaries, particularly the Oxford one, I am blocked out by a ‘learn better with premium’ advert, which I can’t get rid of. That is my problem; surely I am entitled to access an app that is fully paid up.

I would suggest you remove the application and start again as the subscription is failing to apply.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I followed your advice and ‘rebooted’ the app. It failed first time round, but worked on my second attempt. It now seems to operating fine. So thank you, ***** ***** persevering with the problem and for coming up with a satisfactory solution. Sorry to have caused you so much trouble.
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!