Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cannot accessed my email account the password appears to

Customer Question

I cannot accessed my email account the password ***** to have been changed?hacked
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: no
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: not sure it was set up a long time ago but I have a mobile phone number
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I tried to follow the instructions for recover your password ***** I couldn't follow it, sorry I am not very IT clever
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
On the page you sign into your email account with, choose the option on the sign in page to reset the password.
Once done, use the new password ***** sign in.
Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it only says recover password ***** I have tried it doesn't say reset perhaps I should close down this account
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Recover is resetting it, please complete the steps there.