SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

I have been with plusnet now for many years using my email

Customer Question

I have been with plusnet now for many years using my email address John @riley4.plus.com using Windows live mail. When I upgraded to windows 10 I received Mail as the prefered email operatng system but never got it working and was told ny a plusnet technician it was Ok to keep using Windows live mail as you would continue supporting it. But over the last 24 hrs my emails have begun causing me problems. Windows live mail is no longer giving me a list of my incoming mails I only get a copy of the last mail so i can no longer get to see any other mails. I have tried again to use the windows 10 mail, but don't seem to be able to set that up for my plusnet emails. Can you help please?
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Not sure what you mean. I have been using "Windows Live Mail"
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: May be as I have just change my antivirus to AVG which found a few issues and has changed a few things on my PC
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My PC has been running very slow for some time now so I used AVG tune up to try to speed it up.
Category: Email
Expert:  SaloniM replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know the exact issue you're facing?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My plusnet email has stopped working as above
Expert:  SaloniM replied 16 days ago.

May I know who is your email provider like Gmail yahoo or outlook live?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What is happening
Expert:  SaloniM replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My email provider is plusnet.
Expert:  SaloniM replied 16 days ago.

Please use the link below to reset the password

http://www.plus.net/forgotpassword

Once the password ***** ***** try to sign in to the account.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni