Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I need to receive confirmation from Microsoft whether or not

Customer Question

I need to receive confirmation from Microsoft whether or not they continue to host email data related to a specific email account
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: My internet is fine. This is not in relation to an account that I use. It is a legacy account that is no longer in use and I need to determine whether the data is not is not retrievable.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: see above
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I need the answer to come from Microsoft. It's fine if they confirm the data is no longer available. I just need confirmation either way, ideally in the next few minutes. If you can do this, please confirm and I will provide the email.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Also, the confirmation should be from a human at MS and not, e.g., confirmation that the account is not recognised by MS (which it is not, including by the recovery systems).
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Microsoft account.

Can you try to access your Microsoft account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Microsoft account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No - it is not my usual MS account. I need to determine whether the data in a legacy account is or is not currently hosted by MS such that it is retrieavble. Please see the responses above.

If it does not recognize your Microsoft account on the login page, then it means your account is deleted by Microsoft. Microsoft takes account of privacy and security very seriously and I am afraid you will not able to retrieve any data from your old email account. I am really sorry that I couldn't give you a solution in this case. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Sorry wished I had another solution here for this issue. Hope you understand. Would you like to create a new Microsoft account?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
That's fine, provided I can get confirmation of that fact from Microsoft (e.g. a statement from their tech support to the effect "we no longer host this data"). That is what I want assistance with because I can't get through to a human at MS, which I need to do. Can you do this?

I apologize for the delay in responding. Firstly I am not affiliated with Microsoft support and hence I do not have access to your account details. Please follow the instructions to talk to a live agent on Microsoft. Open the link and click on Get support in the browser instead. then type the issue in Describe your issue here text box and click get help, then select the Talk to an agent option under Get more help( it will be located at the bottom of that page). Select your product as Outlook, select the issue as Technical support, and choose the contact support option there. In case if calling is not available then click the Message Ambassador option to chat with the Microsoft support who has access to your account.

OR

You can chat with Microsoft support via this link.

OR

Please dial the following:

• ***-***-****

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on and they should be able to further assist you. A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas