Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Expert
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

Tried to open Thunderbird this morning and got two messages.

Tried to open Thunderbird this morning and got two messages. "Couldn't load XPCOM." and a longer message with error status 0xc000012f. C:/programmefiles (x86) mozilla Thunderbird\idap60.dll . May not be 100% accurate. Please help. Thanks
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Internet connection fine with Chrome. Using browser on desktop computer
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: Nothing has changed overnight. It was fine yesterday. Have you done an update or something new?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, would be grateful for some help please. Using Windows 10

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about then please go ahead and send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise accurate answer.

Usually this happens with a program did not update correctly. Can you first restart your computer and open up Thunderbird to make sure the message remains?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can try that. How do I reconnect with you after a restart?

Thank you. I should still be here to continue.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK I'm going to close down and restart and try Thunderbird again

Yes, I will wait for your reply.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just restarted the computer and tried to open Thunderbird but got same messages.

In that case, we need to uninstall Thunderbird from the computer, restart the computer, and then install it back.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm concerned that if I do that I will lose all my local folders. I've had a similar problem in the past.

Reinstalling it does not effect the acccounts you have tied to the program.

You would just need to readd them when it is installed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK I will try that but will have to do it later today. I've signed up to your service quite quickly in frustration, so not quite sure what I've signed up to. Can you please clarify. Thanks

You can ask questions regarding any field and any category. It is a great service. If you like more information you can reach out to customer care.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I thought it was a Thunderbird service I was signing up to

I'm an email and computer expert, but this isn't Thunderbird it is JustAnswer. A question and answer service where experts help answer your questions.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK I'll try uninstalling and restarting later. Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out and letting me help with your question. I wish you luck in your solution. Have a good day and stay safe!