K Dismas
K Dismas, Email
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I paid for Microsoft office 365 in Australia last September,

Customer Question

I paid for Microsoft office 365 in Australia last September, where I was stranded due to Covid. The renewal amount is $AU 129 (plus tax?), due on Monday 13 Sept 2021. Four problems: (1) my credit card number has changed. (2) I would like this year to use new credit card to pay in £UK direct to microsoft without going through Australia (3) In future years I wish to pay by annual standing order with my UK bank (4) I am not sure whether I have used my private outlook account or the outlook account given tome by London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine used for marking student assignments and exams. I can give details of these
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: I use Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I am not sure, because I had a Driver problem which prevented me from installing updates.It looked like a rather painstaking task to fix it. However, a week or so later, the red dot indicating a problem disappeared, so I do not know if the problem was solved by Microsoft or if I am not getting updates
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Last time, regarding updates, you put me through to a subsidiary company that was unhelpful and costly. That is when I eventually worked out what to do regarding changing the driver that was causing the problem, but by then the red dot disappeared and I carried on. I did not expect to be paying for that because I had thought I was covered by my microsoft contract. Am I? What I want to l=know is the answers to the financial side right now,and then come back to the Driver problem next.
Category: Email
Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
First of all, I have 4 financial questions that Microsoft has not answered. Second, I do not know whether I still have a driver problem.I no longer get a red dot to say so. Do you know whether I have a problem with a driver? If so, yes, it would save me about half a day if you were to fix it. Overall, however, JustAnswer has provided an inadequate service for me dso far. I am a 78 year old pensioner and I resent having to pay so much to keep my PC going. My only source of income other than pension is less than £2000 a year. Enough of growching. Yes, please, I would be very grateful if you can fix the upgrade problem if I have one. I am happy to turn the control of the screen over to you for that purpose.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When will you be able to deal with this? That is, how long do I have to wait around?
Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for accepting the automated premium service offer. When a customer accepts the request, the expert is notified of the premium service offer. I'm afraid I won't be able to take the premium service offered at this time. But don't worry, other online experts can still take your premium service offer in place of me, and I can only proceed through chat.

In your case, you can change or add payment options in your Microsoft Account which you are using Office. Please consider to do the following steps:
1. Add a payment method on your Microsoft account which you had to purchase your office
2. kindly go to this link below. And add a new payment method.
https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments?ref=SMC-4026594

3. Then save

Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

Hello, it looks that you are unable to respond. I hope you are able to follow the instructions I provided you. I hope that works and is able to solve your problem. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you. Thank you very much.