NILESH PANCHAL
NILESH PANCHAL, Computer Tech
Experience:  7 years of programming experience and Microsoft technologies expert
108438151

I have been scammed and an other is sending out message

Customer Question

I have been scammed and an other is sending out message asking for a favour and then asking recipient to buy an Apple Card. All emails being received are now going directly to my trash box and have a password ***** do not recognise. So just want to get back to normal!!
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?
Customer: Sorry but I am 85 and a bit of a novice at this job but if I said Safari would that make sense?
JA: When did you last reboot?
Customer: Reboot what.
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really other than to apologise for my age and my iPad ignorance
Category: Email
Expert:  NILESH PANCHAL replied 16 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question and Answer site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today!

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know if you have only received SCAM email or you have already taken any action by paying the scammers.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No action taken but scam has been sent to people on my email list

Is the Scammer using your email id to send the emails?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
as the emails are going out with my correct email address but they are inviting a reply to similar but hotmail rather than yahoo so***@******.*** v***@******.***

Is your email account hacked?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
are you going to help me on this matter or do I have to look elsewhere for assistance?

I am trying to help you here. Let me know if your email account is hacked?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have also authorised the secure remote assistance hoping this is sensible and not unwise

Are you getting my questions? Can you please answer them so I can help you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am not getting any questions from you only the advice that ‘you are unable to call right now but is still available for this online conversation’ Help!!!

Let me know if your email account is hacked?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My email account has been hacked and emails are being sent out from my correct email address but asking for replies to a different though similar address - only change being hotmail rather 5han yahoo
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
W
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are My comments getting through to you?please advise
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
your requests are going straight into my trash file hence only just finding them

May I know which email account is hacked?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Account hacked is***@******.***

Kindly follow below steps to reset your account password.

1. Go to the Sign-in Helper.
  2. Enter one of the account recovery items listed.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also your emails are going straight into my trash file and the inbox is not operating at all

Do you have access to your Yahoo email account?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Have done that and is the problem now resolved? Perhaps you could send me an email and see whether it gets to my inbox rather than the trash file

Can you check now.

Expert:  NILESH PANCHAL replied 15 days ago.

Hello!  I just wanted to check in with you quickly to see if my advice was helpful or if you need more assistance.  If you do, please let me know in the reply box below and I am happy to continue to help you.

Nilesh