K Dismas
K Dismas, Email
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I just set up a POP3 account in gmail, so I could send

Customer Question

Hello, I just set up a POP3 account in gmail, so I could send emails out using a purchased domain name. I can now send emails using that domain name, but no one can send an email to me, it says 'message blocked'. Can you please help?
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried using gmails suggested articles and making sure that POP and IMAP is enabled
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The domain name is ***** ***** and it is linked to my gmail account.
Category: Email
Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

To clarify, have you tried to sign out your account after enabling the POP3 in Gmail?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have yes, for further clarification this is the instructions I used: https://www.names.co.uk/support/articles/how-to-setup-a-pop3-account-in-gmail/
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

Okay. Thank you for your response. Would you please allow me a moment to review your question?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sure thing
Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

It seems the outgoing mail on your account might be experiencing some bugs. To fix the problem, please try to check again and enable the IMAP on your Gmail. Please visit the link below and navigate to the highlighted text for more detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have done that so many times.So I just de-activated the POP3 and I can now receive emails to***@******.***, however I can no longer reply as***@******.***I'm going to run through the POP3 tutorial again and see if the problem occurs again, it should take me 5 minutes, just a second.
Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

I am so sorry to hear that. Okay, please let me know after.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok I have got it to work now! I just had to re-do it. Thanks for your help, 'turning it off and on again' seemed to do the trick. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

Great, I am glad to hear that.

Expert:  K Dismas replied 12 days ago.

You're welcome! Thank you for choosing us as your advising partner, and have a wonderful day.