How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Software Engineer
Category: Email
Satisfied Customers: 75478
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Type Your Email Question Here...
Richard is online now

I changed my work email in the address book to appear as

This answer was rated:

I changed my work email in the address book to appear as ‘Undisclosed Recipient’ in order to send an email to a large number of people under Bcc. That worked fine.
But since then, any emails from me fail to send and the following message comes up:
‘Your message couldn't be delivered because you weren't recognized as a valid sender. The most common reason for this is that your email address is suspected of sending spam and it's no longer allowed to send email. Contact your email admin for assistance.’
I have changed back the name that appears on my email from ‘disclosed recipients’, but the problem still persists.
Can you help at all?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: usually from an app on the PC, but can log in via browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: changing the name of the email back to what it's supposed to be, not sure what to do otherwise
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no don't thin so, thanks. think

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please go to
Note your IP address down there.
Then go to
And put in your IP address and see if you are blacklisted (it will show it in red).
If so, this is why you cannot send on the computer and in this case you would need to contact your internet provider in order to get the public IP address you have changed.
Let me know how you go please
Thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
when I go to this comes up:Forbidden
You've reached this page because something went wrong. If you feel this was in error, please email us at***@******.*** and include the following information:

Restart the computer and try again please

Richard and 3 other Email Specialists are ready to help you

Please click this link

and open the file you download