Bing
Bing, Internet Specialist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I can't get or receive e mails. I am trying to change my

I can't get or receive e mails. I am trying to change my password ***** every time I try to log in I get a message 'log in failed'. I am having to use my wife's laptop because, as I say, I cannot send or receive e mails. MY e mail is***@******.*** and my user name is woodmancote+davidwilson. I am finding this very frustrating as I have been able to use my e mail account since the 9th
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Good connection.My wife is a Plusnet customer and has had no problem. My e mail is Thunderbird
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: This has not been a problem in ther past. I have a new laptop with Windows Defender. Your colleagues keep telling me it is due to the outages Plusnet have been experiencing, but \i amnot convincedc.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No -I just want a resolution to the problem. I pay about £60 for the privllege of being a PLusnet custiomer and it hasn't been good value the last 5 days,=.

Hi, my name is*****'m sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Have you taken any steps so far to try to reset your password?

You seem to have stepped away from the chat so I will leave some additional information for you.

You can try to recover your Plusnet password ***** clicking on the following link:

https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

When the page comes up, just follow the prompts to attempt the recovery.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

I hope you were able to reset your password *****

If you have no other questions on this, then have a good day!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry, Chris. I am not a ‘techie’ and I have found the whole process confusing and frustrating. Everyone at Plusnet assumes I have a level of expertise that I don’t have! I don’t have a smart phone, but it occurred to me I could pick up your message on my iPad, and it worked! What I would like to do is have a go at following your instructions for re-setting my password, but if I get stuck I may ask you to do it for me. I will probably leave it until tomorrow now- I don’t enjoy looking at a computer screen of an evening. Thank you for your patience/persistence. I was beginning to despair of ever finding someone to help.

I don't actually have the ability to reset your password ***** you, as I do not have access to your account.

Go ahead and try the password ***** process that I provided when you get a chance to do so. if you have any follow-up questions after that then just let me know.

Have a good evening!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK- will do.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have tried to reset this following your instructions but keep getting the same message ‘Sorry, your mobile number or user name and e mail details don’t match with what we’ve got. please try again’.

Okay, in that case you will need to speak with someone who has access to your account. How did you contact Plusnet previously?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would ring in and they would ask for my username, and/or, as I recall a letter from my password. Nowadays I ring in ancd it seems as if I am continually being fobbed off. Each time I call now I am told that it is to do with the server problems you have been having and I will have to be patient. I know that isn’t right because my wife is also a planet customer and she is getting e mails in the next room!

Okay, what I am going to do is opt out of the question so that another Expert here can chime in with other ideas. You will be notified when there's another response.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thznk you, Chris.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Can you please clarify what the exact domain name it is?

woodmancoteplus.com

OR

woodmancote.plus.com (one dot between "woodmancote" and "plus".

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is my e mail address. On the screen in front of me it says ‘Enter your password ***** ‘woodmancote+davidwilson” on imap.plus.net. Is this relevant?

Thanks for your clarification.

It seems you have forgotten the correct password ***** your Plusnet email account. You may go to plus.net/forgotpassword/ and follow the steps.

Plusnet email setup FAQs

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

FYI -

imap.plus.net is the hostname for receiving your Plusnet emails. As mentioned above, you need to reset the password ***** accessing the above host.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am confused! I have one password ***** to ‘woodmancote+davidwilson (This is my user name password) and another for my e mail account. Is this the one that needs to be reset?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have just followed step one of your advice- entered my user name and e mail address and have got the message ‘Sorry, your mobile number or e mail details don’t match with what we’ve got.
Please try again.’ This is what happened when I tried last night.

Did you change your mobile number after creating the email address?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had no communication with you since the middle of last week, because I was able to solve the problem myself. Can you please explain why I was charged a further £22 over the weekend? I should be grateful if this overpayment could be refunded to my bank account, and my account .with Just Answer. be cancelled immediately. Please confirm that this has been done.

I am a technician here for your technical challenges only. As I have no access to your billing and personal info, please speak with JustAnswer Customer Services to address any of your billing concerns.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Bing, Internet Specialist
Experience: CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE