Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I'm in Greece on holiday. I dropped my phone down the toilet

Customer Question

I'm in Greece on holiday. I dropped my phone down the toilet & it's not working. I'm trying to load my hotmail account onto my husband's phone but have forgotten my password...need help
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: No
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I have a phone number but as my phone is dead I can't get a code on it. I've tried to answer the security question but I've had my account fir 20 years so I can't remember it. I've tried to reset but they wanted me to give details of the last two emails sent...I can't remember those either. I have hotmail set up on my laptop back in UK so I'm guessing I'll have yo wait till I get home. I don't want to get permanently blocked as I have a lot of important information on that account
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a phone number but as my phone is dead I can't get a code on it. I've tried to answer the security question but I've had my account fir 20 years so I can't remember it. I've tried to reset but they wanted me to give details of the last two emails sent...I can't remember those either. I have hotmail set up on my laptop back in UK so I'm guessing I'll have yo wait till I get home. I don't want to get permanently blocked as I have a lot of important information on that account
Category: Email
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Hotmail account.

Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Could you please insert the SIM card to a different phone to receive the OTP? so you can use that OTP to reset your account.

Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

If you are still not able to reset your password, then you need to fill out a form and submit it to Microsoft. Provide as much information as possible to them, and if they verify you as the account owner, they will help you to reset the password. Then Microsoft will verify your account and contact you later (24-48 hours). Keep in mind that if they can't verify you, they will not assist you in resetting the password. Please click the following link to access the recovery form directly.

Please click the link below for video instructions to recover your account if you don't have access to sign-in information(Please watch the video to recover your account using the form)

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Anas replied 10 days ago.

Please click the link below for a video walkthrough of the reset steps to reset your Hotmail account password.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas