ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

My current e mail is. I tried to change this to just

Customer Question

Hi...my current e mail is***@******.***. I tried to change this to just ***@******.*** it seemed to have reserved the***@******.*** address but now i'm stuck inbetween...i have had e mails sent to my dwamdesign address re routed via dwam....i prefer just dwam if possible...could you sort this out please?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: people who e mailed me at dwamdesign tell me they've had a message saying the e mails were re routed to dwam but I do not have access to***@******.***...not that I'm aware of anyway
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all ta
Category: Email
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, if you created the email "*****@******.***" and managed to associate it with your old account you should be able to regain access to the new one through a password ***** from the same google login link.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

You can try the following, access to the google login link

https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier

Enter your new email address and click next, after that click on the paragraph with blue letters that says "forgot your password?"

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
if i'm logged into my dwamdesign e mail I can access dwam from that?....I prefer dwam...I'd like to get rid of dwamdesign
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok...will try the link
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

yes, please try first to do what I indicate from an undercover or private window.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Google will probably first ask you to try to enter the password ***** remember, if that doesn't work, click on the "try another way" button and it will show you a message with 2 digits in very large letters, this will only work if you have successfully associated your new account with your cell phone,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am happy to pay £22 if you can remotely connect and change my address from dwamdesign to dwam...can you do that for me?
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

excuse me, but an email can not be modified once created, for example "*****@******.***" can not be modified directly to "*****@******.***" what is done in these cases is simply create the new email "*****@******.***" make the emails that arrive to "*****@******.***" are redirected to "*****@******.***" and use from now on the new email, the old will continue to exist you can inform your contacts that your new email is "*****@******.***" and would be resolved.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that would be great thanks
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Therefore, understanding that according to the information you provided, the new e-mail "*****@******.***" was already created by you and that it was configured to receive e-mails from "*****@******.***", the only thing you would need to do is to recover access to the new e-mail you created.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok...how do i recover access to the new e mail?
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

As I said, log on to:

Enter your new email "*****@******.***" and hit "continue" when google asks you for your password ***** the blue letter sentence "forgot your password?" when you do all this let me know what request google says so I can give you further instructions.

This is because google can ask for several things, 1st it could ask you to set an old password (if so, we will delete the blue letters sentence that says "try another way".

2nd It could ask you to check the main email which would be in this case "*****@******.***" access it from another web browser and open the inbox of your old email and access the email that was sent to you to retrieve the password ***** your new email.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
okdok
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it's not asking me to enter my e mail
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, could you tell me what Google is asking you to do? or could you send me a screenshot?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
on g mail setting it says this>. Reply-to email address
When people reply to your emails, the reply will go to this address instead of yours***@******.***
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, did you perform the steps I indicated from an incognito or private window?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i don't know what an incognito window is
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, could you please let me know if you are currently connected from a computer or smart phone and which internet browser you are using? 

then I could tell you how to open a private window

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
am on home pc....using google chrome
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
pc is an apple os
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Sounds great, now in your internet browser on the top right hand side of the screen you will see a button that has 3 dots as shown in the following image please select that button and in the menu that pops up press "new incognito sale" or "new private window".

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

From this new window please access the link I indicate you

And continue with the steps indicated above

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
apologies...gonna have to go
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user I understand, I hope I have been helpful when you can try the steps to recover your password ***** your new email address.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar